Isoprinosine is a modern antiviral drug that has an additional pronounced immunomodulatory effect. Among all the drugs that are used in the fight against infectious pathologies of a viral origin, this drug takes a special place.
The fact is that Isoprinosine has been fully tested, during which it has been repeatedly proven its highest effectiveness.
Composition, form and packaging
Non-proprietary international product name Isoprinosine - Inosin pranobex. The main active substance is inosiplex.
Photo of tablets Isoprinosine 500 mg
Auxiliary components are substances like:
- Magnesium stearate;
- Wheat starch.
Country of origin
The drug is manufactured by the pharmaceutical company TEVA Pharmaceutical Works Private, Ltd. Co. / Hungary.
Indications for use
Isoprinosine is prescribed for patients with diseases such as:
- ARVI, influenza pathologies and other respiratory-viral infections;
- Severe measles cases;
- Herpesviral infections such as labial or genital herpes, shingles, mononucleosis of an infectious nature, chickenpox or keratitis of a herpetic origin;
- Cytomegalovirus infection;
- Molluscum contagiosum;
- HPV like warts, genital papillomas, papillomavirus infection in the ligament and larynx.
The drug has specific contraindications, therefore it is contraindicated for administration when:
- Hypersensitivity to medication;
- Renal insufficiency of chronic type;
- Arrhythmic disorders;
- Aged less than 3 years( with weight less than 16-20 kg).
Since research into the use of isoprinosine in lactation or pregnancy has not been conducted, it is not recommended to use the drug in a similar state.
Mechanism of action
The drug refers to synthetic purine derivatives, has immunostimulatory and antiviral effects.
The use of the drug ensures the normalization of lymphocyte function during immunosuppressive states, etc. The components of the drug cause an increase in the activity of the killer cells and lymphocytes of the cytostatic type.
In addition, the use of Isoprinosine provides increased release of immunoglobulins, interleukins, gamma-interferon.
Instructions for use: Isoprinosine: dosage
The drug should be taken orally with water. The daily dosage is about 50 mg / kg.
Take pills twice or thrice a day. Usually, children of the child's age are prescribed half the tablets for every 5 kg of weight per day. A grown-up patient shows the use of a day for 6-8 tablets.
Scheme of taking Isoprinosine:
- In the treatment of acute pathologies, the duration of therapy is 5-14 days, when symptoms disappear, then take the pill for 2 more days.
- Chronic infections are treated in several courses lasting approximately 5-10 days. Between courses, an 8-day break is required.
- In case of papillomavirus infection, molluscum contagiosum, two pills are taken three times per day. The therapy lasts 2-4 weeks.
- Recurrent genital warts and warts are treated according to a scheme similar to HPV treatment. In general, the course takes 2-4 weeks, and then it is repeated 3 more times with a monthly interval.
- With herpetic infection, the duration of treatment is 5-10 days, after the disappearance of pathological symptoms, therapy lasts another month. The daily dosage is 1000 mg( 2 doses).
Because the drug requires significant costs, it is important to assess the financial possibilities even before the treatment so that the course of therapy can not be interrupted
Side effect of
Isoprinosine, like other drugs, is not devoid of side effects that affect various areas of the body:
- Epigastric pains and vomitingvomiting syndrome, less frequent constipation and diarrhea;
- Skin itching;
- Temporarily increased urea levels, as well as increased activity of alkaline phosphatase and transaminase;
- Weakness and dizziness, headaches, less often - insomnia and drowsiness;
- Exacerbation of gout, joint pain.
There were no facts of overdose.
During the treatment with isoprinosine, it is necessary to check blood and urine twice a month for the content of the uric acid component.
In addition, prolonged therapy with the drug requires monthly monitoring of the cellular composition of the blood, hepatic and renal activity, the concentration of creatinine.
It does not affect the nervous system activity of Isoprinosine, therefore it does not affect the concentration or reaction rate.
In combination with isoprinosine, the use of xanthine oxidase inhibitors and uricosuric drugs increases the likelihood of an increase in the urinary acid concentration in the blood.
When combined with Zidovudine or Acyclovir, there is a marked increase in the therapeutic antiviral effect of the above drugs. With simultaneous administration with immunosuppressants, the effectiveness of Isoprinosine decreases.
I prescribed the isoprinosine by the doctor with papillomavirus. After a long treatment from the papillom still managed to get rid of. Some papillomas were surgically removed, but many disappeared after taking the drug. But the course of treatment was repeated 4 times( it was treated for a month).Such treatment, of course, will not be expensive, however, it fully justifies itself.
Isoprinosine was prescribed for herpetic infection in combination with ointment. The disease has gone, but I can not guarantee that it is from isoprinosine. But I can say for sure that with ARVI these pills are very helpful. Wife for 3 days of treatment got rid of the symptoms, and all treatment took only 5 days.
How much is Isoprinosine in Moscow and St. Petersburg?
Average price for Isoprinosine in Moscow and St. Petersburg:
- Packing No. 20 - 569-690 rubles;
- Isoprinosine № 30 - 798-1067 rubles;
- A pack of 50 tablets - 1376-1727 rubles.
Analogues and their prices
A similar action has drugs like:
- Amiksin( 628-1019 rubles);
- Viferon( 160-970 rubles);
- Indinola( 1160-2780 rubles);
- Acyclovir( 16-198 rubles);
- Arbidol( 300 rubles);
- Lavomax( 547-1021 rubles);
- Kagocela( 223-262 rubles)
- Oxolin( 42-87 rubles);
- of Panavir( 150-1790 rubles);
- Amizon( 171-389 rubles);
- Cycloferon( 128-890 rubles), etc.
Synonyms for the preparation
Isoprinosin has the only synonym - Groprinosin( average cost of the order of 479-1648 rubles).
Store the drug in a temperature environment that does not exceed 25 ° C, and away from children.
Conditions for dispensing from pharmacies
Isoprinosin is dispensed in pharmacies according to prescription
Answers to frequently asked questions
- What is better Isoprinosine or Groprinosin, Polyoxidonium, Allokin alfa and Acyclovir? - As for Groprinosin, its basis is a similar active substance, and therefore the therapeutic effect is almost the same, except that the dosage regimen is more gentle. Polyoxidonium is a more ancient generation and has more pobochek. Allokin alfa and isoprinosine are often prescribed together in the complex treatment of HPV, especially in complex cases. At Atsiklovira not such wide area of antiviral influence, therefore at papillomavirusnoj infections it is better to prefer Izoprinozinum.
- Can I take the drug during pregnancy? - The drug during pregnancy can be taken only as prescribed by the doctor, however, the instruction says that pregnant women should not take Isoprinosine.
Video about the drug Isoprinozine: