Nasol is an intranasal agent with pronounced adrenomimetic properties. It is widely used in otolaryngology for the treatment of acute rhinitis of different origin.
The active ingredient of the agent is oxymetazoline hydrochloride, which produces a good vasoconstrictor effect.
Also, the drug has anti-edematous properties and facilitates nasal breathing.
Indications for use
Nasol is prescribed in such cases:
- allergic reactions, which are accompanied by an acute form of rhinitis or sinusitis;
- acute form of otitis media;
- preparation for diagnosis or surgery in the area of the nose;
- elimination of swelling of the nasal mucosa after the intervention.
Nasal spray is dispensed in a plastic vial in a volume of 15 or 30 ml. In 1 ml of the spray there is 0.5 mg of the active ingredient - oxymetazoline hydrochloride. There are also several varieties of this drug:
- Nasal Advance. In addition to oxymetazoline, the preparation contains menthol, eucalyptol, camphor. Due to the unique composition, the product quickly copes with nasal congestion and lasts up to 12 hours.
- Nazole Kids. This tool takes into account the individual characteristics of the child's body and can be used from 4 years. The composition of the drug is eucalyptol.
- Nazol baby. This medicine can be used from birth. The bottle has a convenient pipette.
The pictures show the types of Nazole
Schemes of application
The agent is indicated for topical application. Instructions for use:
- Before the start of therapy, it is necessary to clear the nasal passages.
- To inject the drug, hold the bottle upright, and the spray gun should point upwards.
- The medicine is injected into the nose and the bottle is compressed with effort.
- At this point, the second stroke of the nose must be closed.
- The drug is administered in turn to both openings.
The duration of therapy and the dosage should be selected by the doctor, taking into account the characteristics of each patient. So, adults and children over 12 years of age are prescribed 2 injections of the drug in each hole. At 6-12 years of age, one is prescribed a remedy for the nostril.
The drug should be used at most twice a day. In this case, the interval between administrations should be at least 12 hours. Do not use the product for more than 3 consecutive days, unless the doctor has recommended another use.
For each person, use an individual vial. This helps prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs
When using the drug with antidepressants and MAO inhibitors, there is a risk of increased pressure. The drug leads to a slowdown in the assimilation of drugs for local anesthesia and increases their effect. The combination of nasol with other vasoconstrictive drugs increases the risk of increased pressure.
Side effects of
In some cases, the drug provokes undesirable effects. These include burning and dryness of the shells of the nose, sneezing, increased discharge, dry mouth and pharynx with an overdose.
Sometimes, after discontinuing use of the drug, pronounced nasal congestion is observed. This condition is called reactive hyperemia.
Systemic reactions may also occur:
- increase in pressure;
- increased anxiety.
The main prohibitions on the use of the medicine include the following:
- high sensitivity to the drug or its ingredients;
- age to 6 years - the exception is the children's form of the drug;
- atrophic rhinitis;
With great care, the remedy is prescribed to people with heart and vascular disease. These include ischemic disease, hypertension, chronic heart failure, arrhythmia, tachycardia.
Also, the limitations include problems with carbohydrate metabolism or thyroid dysfunction.
In addition, it is important to monitor the condition in the presence of closed-angle glaucoma, chronic kidney failure, hyperplasia of the prostate.
More detailed instructions for the use of Nazol, you can view in our video:
Nazel has a number of advantages:
- rapid elimination of nasal congestion;
- high duration of the effect - the drug lasts up to 12 hours;
- possibility of choosing a dosage form( advance, aqua, kids, baby).
The drug should be stored in a dark place at a temperature of 2 to 25 degrees. Shelf life - 36 months.
The cost of the drug depends on the dosage of the active substance and dosage form. The average price is -150-200 rubles.
Analogues of Nazole
The analogs of this tool include the following:
- nasivin sensitive;
Analogues of Nazole for children
Nazoleum is considered to be quite effective medicine, which in a short time eliminates nasal congestion.
According to the reviews, the drug has many side effects, therefore it should not be used on its own. It is also not recommended to exceed the duration of the application specified in the instructions.