Efferalgan is a non-narcotic analgesic, which additionally has an antipyretic effect. This drug, which is part of a group of analgesics-antipyretics.
Composition, form, package
To make the drug convenient to use, manufacturers produce it in various forms:
- syrup - has a tan color and is packed in a 90 ml bottle;
- white suppositories - plastic packaging, used for rectal use;
- tablets are flat, round with beveled edges and notches on the sides. Easily soluble in water;
- effervescent tablets - contain vitamin C and resemble regular tablets. Packing of 10 pieces;
- effervescent powder for preoral use
On the photo of the form of the product Efferhalgan
The manufacturer is the company Bristol-Myers Squibb( France), and the Russian Federation is occupied by Aventis Pharma.
Efferalgan Oops can be used in the following cases:
- as an antipyretic agent for influenza;
- for respiratory acute diseases;
- during post-vaccination reactions;
- for childhood infections;
- with dental or headache;
- during muscle pain;
- for pain caused by trauma and burns;
- in case of neuralgia.
When to give antipyretics to children, see in our video:
Efferalgan has several contraindications in use that should be considered when starting the drug:
- with liver or kidney dysfunction in severe form;
- if the patient has glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- in case of various blood diseases;
- for children under the age of one month;
- with hypersensitivity to any of the components of
Mechanism of action
At the heart of effergangan is a unique mechanism of blocking of negative effects on the central nervous system with subsequent exposure to various centers of thermoregulation and pain.
The drug does not have a negative effect on the water-salt balance, as well as on the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract. Efferalgan does not block the synthesis of prostaglandins in peripheral tissues.
Instructions for Use
According to the instructions attached to the medicine, the medications are taken orally and washed down with a large amount of water.
In this case between the intake of food and medicine should take at least 1 hour and not more than 2 hours. Dosage should take into account the age of the patient:
- for adults and adolescents( over 40 kg) - daily dose of 500 mg, single dose - 1 g. Frequency of admission - up to 4 times a day. Duration of admission - from 5 days to a week;
- for children under 6 months and not more than 7 kg by weight daily dose should not exceed 350 mg;
- for children under one year and weighing up to 10 kg - daily dose of 500 mg;
- for children under 3 years with a weight of up to 15 kg - 750 mg;
- for children under 6 years with a weight of up to 22 kg - 1 g;
- for children under 9 years old and up to 30 kg weighing 1.5 g;
- for children under 12 years with a mass of up to 40 kg - up to 2 years.
Side effects of
A medicinal preparation can cause various negative reactions. As such consequences, it can be noted:
- allergic reactions, Quincke's edema;
- itching, rash;
- vomiting, nausea, diarrhea;
- rubs and pains from the abdominal region;
- hepatic toxicity;
- anemia, agranulocytosis;
- nephrotoxic effect.
In case of an overdose, the patient begins nausea and vomiting, the skin turns pale and severe intoxication is observed. After 1-6 days, the patient may have abnormalities in liver function and hepatic failure very quickly develops.
In case of an overdose in the first six hours, gastric lavage should be carried out and SH-group donors should be introduced after 8-9 hours.
In what doses can you give antipyretic to children, says Dr. Komarovsky:
When appointing effergangana, the daily dose of medicines developed on the basis of paracetamol may be exceeded. In the event that the drug has not given any effect( the symptoms of fever do not last more than three days, and the pain syndrome is observed for more than five days), it is necessary to visit a specialist urgently.
Efferalgan interacts differently with other medications, so it is worth to be very careful in the following situations:
- medication enhances the effect of anticoagulants;
- when interacting with preparations of hepatotoxic action, the negative effect on the liver increases at times;
- efferlangan may adversely affect blood test results;
- action of paracetamol significantly reduces barbiturates.
When you drink alcohol together with the drug also leads to an overdose.
Many reviews of the drug speak for him. Many mothers prefer this particular remedy when the fever occurs in infants and young children. The drug is affordable, safe and gives a good quick effect when exposed. There are practically no bad reviews.
Reviews of Paracetamol-based products:
Price for Efferalgan
In different pharmacies, the selling price may vary. On average, the cost of the drug varies from 82 to 99 rubles.
As analogs of the drug, it is possible to note preparations with active substance in which are such products as: Sanidol, Panadol, Strymol, Paracetamol, Prohadol, Tylenol. The best variant of the medicine should be chosen by the attending physician and the dosage indicated.
Inexpensive analogues of the drug are: paracetamol - from 3 rubles, paracetamol MS - from 5 rubles, paracetamol - Altfarm - 27 rubles.
Analogues of the drug Efferalgan
Conditions for dispensing from pharmacies
The drug is dispensed without a prescription.
Storage conditions and expiration date
The life of the product is 3 years. Efferalgan should be stored at a temperature of no higher than 30 degrees in an inaccessible place for children.