2 Treatment of attacks
Treatment of pain in the head directly depends on what reason it caused. Headache is a symptom;To treat the symptoms themselves is useless, you need to eliminate the cause of their appearance. If the neck and head often hurts, it is necessary to go to the hospital for an initial examination, including an X-ray, to determine the exact cause of the pain and to prescribe the optimal treatment.
In the event of an attack of pain, it is desirable to be in a well-ventilated room. It is necessary to exclude all annoying sounds, bright light and smells. It is desirable that the air in the room is wet.
The most common cause of pain at the base of the skull is overexertion. Pain usually does not manifest itself very much, but it gives the patient great discomfort. For treatment it is enough just to have a good rest. The sessions of a relaxing massage will also be useful.
You can cope with the pain with various pain medications, such as analgin. However, one should take into account that it is by no means possible to take such medicines in large quantities, as this can cause harm to the body, and not benefit. If, after some time after taking pain medication, the pain begins to manifest itself with renewed vigor, it is necessary to contact the hospital as soon as possible.
With headaches at the base of the skull, which were caused by cervical osteochondrosis, neuralgia, frequent neck stays in a sedentary state, stress, increased intracranial pressure, myoglosis, manual therapy is often prescribed. This type of therapy is a light massage. Massage is carried out with warm hands. First of all, the ears are massaged slightly, then the rotational movements are very softly made with the tips of the fingers, the whole surface of the head is massaged with a light pressure, starting from the occiput, and then in the opposite direction. Palms during massage should constantly touch the tips of the ears. Manual therapy is not anything complicated, it can easily be done independently at home. Manual therapy assists with almost any pain in the nape. The only contraindication is elevated blood pressure.
A simple but effective way to get rid of the occipital headache or cervical ! The result will not be long in coming! Our readers have confirmed that they successfully use the method of treatment of cervical osteochondrosis which is the cause of such pains. After carefully studying it we decided to share it with you.
Read more & gt; & gt; & gt;
The Japanese acupressure helps well against pain behind the head and at the base of the skull, however it is quite complicated, so it is rare for him to perform himself. Conducted by only well-trained professionals.
Another popular method of treatment is physiotherapy, such as electrophoresis, ultrasound, magnetotherapy and laser. Physiotherapeutic procedures are very effective when the pain is caused by such reasons as neuralgia, myogelosis, increased intracranial pressure, osteochondrosis, arthritis and other problems with the vessels.
- Dikul: Orthopedists deceive people! Joints are treated simply "Strong joints and back pains pass, you need 3 times a day. .."Read more & gt; & gt;
Many patients as a method of treatment is assigned a special therapeutic exercise, it helps with pain in the back of a different nature. In physiotherapy exercises include various postures and exercises that help get rid of the pain in the back of the head, or at least reduce it. The treatment complex is usually assigned to the patient individually depending on the pain that caused the pain.
To reduce pain, the patient may be prescribed medication. In the treatment of pain during inflammation and pain under pressure, special medications can be prescribed that relieve all symptoms at once.
Treatment of pain in the nape and at the base of the skull must necessarily be complex, that is why first of all its cause is established, and then the individual treatment program is selected for each particular case. Also, one should not forget about preventive measures, so that the disease does not arise again and discomfort does not happen again.
In addition to the above treatment methods, it is possible to reduce pain sensations by folk methods. For example, the pain will be much less if you put a hot compress on the back of your head and drink a glass of hot tea. Instead of tea, you can drink a drink made from such herbs as lime flowers, sage, mint, primula high or tamolga vyazolistnaya. And some patients, on the contrary, are better served by cold compresses. A good remedy for a headache is a compress made from cabbage leaf, grated horseradish and chopped onions.
1 Causes of headache in the nape of the head
There are many reasons that can cause unpleasant pain in the back of the head. Let's look at the most common ones:
- trigeminal neuralgia;
- strong overstrain of the visual organs;
- is a nervous overstrain that can be caused by psychoemotional stress;
- heart disease;
- cervical osteochondrosis;
- arthritis of the temporal region;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- presence of diseases affecting internal organs;
- chronic lack of sleep;
- constant muscular tension;
- sensitivity to climate change;
- incorrectly distributed loads;
- sudden power change;
- brain aneurysm - an increase in the size of one of the blood vessels;
- meningitis is an inflammatory process that affects the membranes of the brain and spinal cord;
- myogelosis - painful muscle tightening in the cervical spine;
- head and neck injuries;
- hormonal disorders in the body.
Recommended to read
- Points for massage with headache
- Pain in the neck with head tilt forward
- Headache during pregnancy
- Contemporary preparations from Pressure!
Unfortunately, it is sometimes difficult to determine the cause on your own, which in turn makes independent treatment impossible.
3 Preventative measures
Human health directly depends on what lifestyle it leads. For this reason, it is recommended that several fairly simple rules be followed to minimize pain episodes.
Prevention of pain in the nape and at the base of the skull includes:
- active way of life - you need to move as much as possible, preferably in the fresh air;If possible,
- should try to avoid stressful situations;
- it is desirable to find time for relaxation or auto-training;
- should be done by relaxing breathing exercises;
- in the morning should do gymnastics in order to maintain the spine in the tone;
- you need to monitor your posture;
- sleep should last at least 6-8 hours a day;
- to sleep preferably on a special orthopedic pillow and mattress;
- during the day you need to stretch the neck and shoulder area several times or hold a small massage;
- by carrying out measures aimed at improving immunity;
- regular and healthy diet;
- rejection of all bad habits.
Headache is a very acute problem of our time. In total, there are about 150 types of pain, which is localized in the head. However, many people are not serious about the appearance of pain in the head, believing that everything will be okay if you take an analgesic pill. However, this is wrong. Headache can be a symptom of very serious diseases, which, if not properly treated, can lead to serious consequences. It is for this reason, under no circumstances, one can tolerate a headache, it is better to immediately consult a doctor and undergo the necessary examinations to get rid of possible problems in the future. Taking care of health is a very important task and it should be done well, because only a healthy person can enjoy a full life.