Spastic colitis of the intestine, not a very dangerous, but quite unpleasant disease with severe symptoms, which recently affects more and more people, especially women, can be called a disease of civilization. It arises mainly due to factors that are neurogenic in nature, frequent conflict situations and various fears, as well as against the use of unhealthy foods containing a very small amount of plant fiber and frequent overeating, especially at night.
Spastic colitis is a functional disorder of the digestive organs, and for the most part proceeds in an acute form. But in the case when there is no adequate treatment, the disease can also take a chronic character. The main sign of pathology is a disorder in motor and motor function of the large intestine, which is always accompanied by painful spasms with fuzzy localization. They can occur suddenly, after meals or in the morning.
To determine that spastic colitis begins to develop, it is simple enough for the following symptoms:
- One of the main symptoms of the disease is pain that occurs after eating, which can be localized both in the lower abdomen and in its lateral parts. These unpleasant sensations cease, usually after defecation;
- The state of weakness and nausea, which is accompanied by a poor appetite;
- Feces come out with great difficulty, in the form of small pieces with a sufficiently dense and dry structure. After that, there is a feeling of not completely emptied intestines;
- After eating, there may be a symptom of chronic spastic colitis, such as diarrhea, in which feces of undigested food are present in the stool, and flatulence and rumbling sounds in the abdomen are manifested.
All these symptoms greatly exhaust the patient, he begins to lose weight and becomes irritable. Spastic colitis can cause and such consequences as anemia and hypovitaminosis.
Cal at spastic colitis
One of the main signs of the disease can be called constipation. Diarrhea occurs rarely in this pathology. The form of feces with spastic colitis always resembles small lumps and has a very firm structure, which causes difficulty in the process of defecation. Also, the patient does not lose the feeling of not completely emptied intestines. This is due to the fact that the walls of the digestive organ have undergone spasm, which prevents the normal exit of feces.
Patients should also be aware of the fact that a symptom such as constipation in the chronic form of spastic colitis is unstable. It sometimes gives way to periods during which the stool becomes normal or fluid. This condition is called "false diarrhea", which is the response of the intestine to latent constipation. Also, with this dysfunction of the colon with feces, a lot of mucus is released, which is also one of the signs of the disease.
Treatment of symptoms of spastic colitis
Therapy of this pathology is carried out depending on the severity of the symptoms that are present. For the most correct determination of the degree of the disease and, accordingly, the appointment of the most appropriate treatment, differential diagnosis is necessary. Only with its help it is possible to identify the chronic form of spastic colitis from a large number of similar pathologies of digestive organs.
This dysfunction, which has arisen in the digestive organs, requires in the determination of treatment tactics only an individual approach, since it is peculiar for each patient. Therapy of spastic colitis is carried out by a combined method, since all the symptoms that arise with this dysfunction can be removed only through a complex effect. Also, when using this technique in the treatment of the disease, it is possible to achieve the following results in the shortest possible time:
- To significantly improve digestion and, accordingly, the patient's appetite;
- Restore motor function in the large intestine;
- Relieve nervous tension, which is a minor manifestation of the disease.
Treatment of symptoms of spastic colitis should be carried out in 3 directions: elimination of the causes of the disease, which the therapist, medication and diet are prescribed by the gastroenterologist in accordance with the data of the diagnostic study. In order to reduce the painful condition of cramping spasms and relieve the patient of the unpleasant symptoms of spastic colitis, experts recommend the following:
- Compliance with a certain curative diet. The basis of it is a fractional food, which allows the digestive organs to work without tension;
- Of the medicines for spastic colitis, only tranquilizers and sedatives are prescribed;
- From physical procedures for relief of symptoms, oxygen and conifer baths, galvanic collar and abdomen warming are recommended.
In the case when spastic colitis occurs against the background of a symptom such as severe pain, a gastroenterologist may be prescribed antispasmodic drugs.
Possible predictions for symptoms of spastic colitis
A favorable prognosis in patients with symptoms of chronic spastic colitis happens most often. But it will only be if the appeal to the expert was timely, and all his recommendations were carried out rigorously. Also, patients for a long time after recovery should not make errors in the recommended diet.
This will allow you to forget about the unpleasant signs of the disease for many years. If you do not comply with all these measures, you can not rule out the occurrence of rectal bleeding or intestinal obstruction, which will require surgical intervention and may end up bad for the patient.