When planning a vacation to countries that are on the list of malarial risk, it is very correct to pre-pass the course of malaria prevention. One of the suitable drugs for this is Hingamin.
This is an antimalarial drug that has an immunosuppressive, antiarrhythmic and anti-inflammatory effect.
Composition, form and packaging
The main active ingredient of Hingamin is chloroquine. The drug is available in the form of tablets, powder and 5% solution.
Hingamin is produced by Russian pharmaceutical companies.
Indications for use
The drug is prescribed for:
- Malaria - for prophylactic purposes and for the treatment of a three-day, tropical or four-day form of pathology;
- Diseases of Ankylosing spondylitis;
- Amoebic hepatic abscess;
- Atrial fibrillation of paroxysmal type;
- Amoebic dysentery of the extraintestinal or intestinal form;
- Polyarthritis of infectious origin, rheumatoid arthritis;
- of Borovsky's Pathology;
- Renal amyloidosis;
- Discoid form of lupus red;
- Photodermatosis and scleroderma;
- Cutaneous porphyria, etc.
Uncontested contraindications for the administration of Hingamine are:
- Diffuse kidney lesions;
- Blood pathologies;
- Pathologies of the cornea or retina;
- Organic cardiac pathologies, accompanied by rhythmic disorders;
- Hepatic function disorders;
- Nervous system pathologies;
Hingamin is an antiprotozoal, anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive and antiarrhythmic drug that inhibits DNA synthesis and provokes the destruction of asexual forms of red blood cells of all plasmodial species, as well as dysentery amoeba.
The antiarrhythmic effect is due to a decrease in myocardial excitability. The drug is rapidly and completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal structures. In the blood, the components of the drug are maximally concentrated after 1.5-4 hours. Already a week after the start of treatment in the blood reaches a constant level.
It leaves the organic structures of the drug rather slowly. The average half-life is 30-60 days.
Instruction for use of Hingamine: dosage of
Dosage and methods of use are determined by the specific cause of the administration of the drug.
- Malaria prophylaxis - 500 mg 2 times the first day, 2-3 days 500 mg once a day. Course - 2000 mg of the drug.
- Antimalarial chemoprophylaxis - 2 times a day 5% solution of the drug for 10 ml.
- Infectious polyarthritis - 250 mg 1 r / d before bedtime for 3 hours, but after dinner. Course - 1-1,5 years.
- Lupus is treated according to a similar principle, the entire course takes about 70-120 tablets. When injecting, 1 to 3 ml of solution is injected intradermally. Such injections cut off the affected areas every 3-4 weeks.
- With psoriasis, the administration of 5 ml of solution once a week is shown, the course of therapy is 5-20 injections.
The maximum single dose of the drug in tablets is 500 mg, daily - 1500 mg.
Side effect of
Among the likely side effects are:
- Nervous systemic agitation and headaches;
- Hair loss and alopecia;
- Deafness and vision disorders;
- Corneal edema with accumulation of the drug in it;
- Nausea and vomiting syndrome;
- Irreversible disturbances in the structure of the retina such as scotoma, spotty degeneration, arterial narrowing or atrophy of the macula;
- Painful sensations in the epigastric zone.
In case of an overdose of the drug, there is a disturbance of consciousness, disturbing headaches and convulsions, convulsions, collapse, etc. A respiratory failure can lead to death.
During the treatment it is necessary to strictly follow the dosage, systematically take tests and check the eyes of the ophthalmologist.
- Antacid group drugs lead to impaired absorption of the drug, drugs with cimetidine lead to increased concentrations in the blood.
- Hingamin is categorically incompatible with Penicillamine and Levamisol, preparations based on gold and cytostatics, Phenylbutazone.
- The drug becomes maximally hepatotoxic when combined with alcohol, and when combined with MAO inhibitors, its general organic toxicity increases.
- Combination with glucocorticoids is fraught with cardiomyopathies and myopathies.
After the trip to Mauritania, I went to the hospital. The doctors assured me that I had a suspicion of malaria. Assigned Akrihin and Hingamin injections. I did not notice any particular side effects, the treatment was successful.
My husband once found a rare, in my opinion, pathology - amoeba hepatic abscess. After reading about the high lethality of this disease, I was very afraid for him. Doctors appointed Metronidazole, Rezokhin and Hingamin, in the future also tetracycline was prescribed. Fortunately, the treatment ended successfully.
The drug is difficult to find in pharmacies, so its cost is not known. Prices should be consulted directly by the pharmacist.
Similar to Khingamin, drugs like Imagone, Bigumal, Nivahin, Tanakan, Sanoxin, etc., have a similar effect.
The same active ingredient or its derivatives, like Hingamin, are found in several drugs-synonyms like Delagil, Rezokhin, Quinoline, Presocil.
Store in a cool, dry and protected from sunlight place with a temperature of no higher than 25 ° C.