Independently determine the source of pain in the baby can be quite difficult. If the child suddenly began to be capricious and at the same time refuses to eat, then this is the reason to call the doctor. Redness and congestion of the throat, rash on the body or mucous membranes, intestinal disorders and fever may indicate the development of infection in the oral cavity, which is extremely dangerous for the child's body.
Do not self-medicate children, especially infants. First, the disease must be properly diagnosed, and this is possible only with the help of laboratory studies. To treat a variety of infectious forms, different therapeutic methods are used.
There are three causes that cause children to have throat pathology:
- Viral infection( herpes).
- Development of foci of bacterial nature.
- Spread of fungal infection.
- In case of lesion only mucous throat diagnose pharyngitis. This ailment can develop even in infants in the first months of life with close contact with a sick person or from hypothermia.
- With pharyngitis there is a cough and the larynx is inflamed.
- From the age of three years until the formation of palatine tonsils in children, the risk of tonsillitis( tonsillitis) increases. This is an extremely dangerous disease with its complications, in which glands develop purulent foci caused by a sharp increase in the oral cavity of opportunistic bacteria.
- Anginas can be not only bacterial, but also viral. However, viruses are carried by children much more easily and do not cause purulent reactions.
Than to treat a sick throat at the child
In this case it is necessary to eliminate the inflammatory focus and to ease the acute symptomatology.
Depending on the type of infection, the doctor is guided by the following drugs:
- Antibiotics( for bacterial infection).
- Antiviral medications based on interferon( Wiferon, Nasoferon, Ibuprofen, Laferobion, Interferon).
- Antihistamine tablets minimize the risk of allergies and reduce swelling( Claritin, Zirtek, Zodak or Suprastin).
- Injections of glucocorticosteroids( with asphyxia attacks or with the development of laryngeal stenosis). In addition to the listed medicines, children are prescribed topical medications:
- Resolving tablets that soften the throat( Grammidine, Pharingosept, Lizobakt,
- Aerosols( Oracept, Proposol, Ingalipt).Preschool drugs should be sprayed on the inner surface of the cheeks.
- Solutions for regular rinses( ready-made pharmacy products or home-made solutions).
Folk recipes for rinses:
- Baking soda with equal proportions with sea salt( you can use table salt).Fresh beet juice. Beets for its production are finely ground in a blender until homogeneous pulp, and then squeezed through gauze.
- Infusion of eucalyptus with thyme or with crushed leaves of plantain.
- Propolis alcoholic infusion with cranberry leaves and berries. Juice of onion, lemon, garlic.
- Apple cider vinegar, diluted with boiling water.
- Green natural teas.
- Mixture of St. John's wort and chamomile, infused on a water bath.
Drugs for Sore Throat
Perspiration in the throat is seen with both fever and normal temperature. Often it is accompanied by pain when swallowing, a runny nose or a cough. When diagnosing all the symptoms are taken into account, and tests are performed to identify the type of pathogen. The success of therapy depends on the complexity of the infectious form and its stage.
Try the following tools:
- Rinses( soda, furacilin, sea salt, a weak solution of manganese).
- Absorption of pharmacy tablets or lozenges with anti-inflammatory effect.
- Irrigating the sore throat with special sprays that have an antiseptic effect.
- Steam inhalations reduce pain symptoms, promote faster removal of raids and mucus. Children who have not reached the age of three, are prohibited from inhaling.
In infectious angina, local treatment alone is completely ineffective, completely staphylococcal and streptococcal infection can only be destroyed with the help of antibiotics. The most effective in this case is complex therapy.
To prevent drug intoxication, only those drugs that have minimal toxic activity are prescribed to small patients. It is very important to observe the duration of therapy and the dosages prescribed by the doctor.
Antibiotics are supplemented with medicines for the removal of dangerous symptoms and topical preparations.
Within a week, if the therapeutic course is observed, the throat is cleansed of purulent deposits.
In parallel with the passage of medical treatment you need to monitor the nutrition of the child, it should be full and contain the necessary minerals and vitamins. It is important to often give a drink to a baby. Clean water helps to remove harmful substances from the body.
Infectious ailments in babies can also occur in atypical form, so the symptoms of bacterial inflammation are often confused with viral pharyngitis or laryngitis.
In the photo throat with pharyngitis and angina
Pain and temperature
A sharp and severe increase in temperature with pain in the throat can indicate a bacterial infection that is treated with antibiotics. Only specialists are eligible to prescribe medicines of this group. Self-medication is unacceptable.
Therapy is performed strictly in a hospital setting under medical supervision. Antimicrobial drugs for babies are prescribed most often in the form of suspensions based on the antibiotic that was carried out, which confirmed the effectiveness of the selected drug.
In complex forms of tonsillitis, injections of antibiotics are used, after making an allergic test.
How quickly to overcome a cold:
Microscopic fungi can rapidly spread to children throughout the oral cavity. The fungal infection has no pronounced pain and temperature symptoms, therefore the first stages of its spread often go unnoticed.
- Kandida fungi are highly susceptible to drugs such as Clotrimazole, Intraconazole, Nystatin, Fluconazole, Amphotericin.
Usually, therapy is limited to two weeks, but neglected stages need more serious and long-term treatment.
- Simultaneously with antifungal medicines, injections of vitamin D and immunosuppressive drugs are prescribed( Ismigen, Immunal).
- Local antiseptics in the form of sprays and medical solutions for rinsing the infected throat are also needed for treatment.
- Obligatory in the complex treatment of physiotherapy. Most often with fungal infections, children are prescribed ultraviolet irradiation of glands.
With dry cough:
- Mucolytics( expectorant drugs that exert a thinning effect on sputum).
- Secretory motorized expectorants( based on herbs).They are absorbed through the stomach and stimulate the separation of sputum.
- Antitussive reflex drugs suppress the cough reflex( Isla-Moos, Herbion, Ambrobene).
When wet cough:
Symptom of a damp cough occurs due to pneumonia and bronchitis, as well as in viral infections. Cough of this type is accompanied by severe chest pains.
- Mucolytics have an excellent expectorant effect, dilute mucus, removing it from the respiratory tract of the child. To this group of medicines are syrups based on althaea, licorice and numerous essential oils.
- Cough suppressants that regulate the viscosity of sputum( Carbocysteine, Bromhexine, Ambroxol) are removed.
All about sore throat, see in our video:
Recommendations for parents
If there are no signs of anxiety, you can treat your throat at home.
Indications for hospitalization may include the following symptoms:
- Critical temperature( 39 and above).
- Foci of pus on the tonsils.
- Stool disorder.
- Impaired consciousness.
- Complete lack of appetite.
- Rash on the body or in the mouth.
- Throat swelling.
Symptoms of viral and bacterial angina
Features of therapy for one-year-old babies
Due to the peculiarities of the organism of the one-year-old child, therapy of the sore throat has its own nuances:
- Impossibility to gargle.
- Many contraindications to medicines.
- Prohibition of sprays and aerosols.
Having determined the etiology of the disease, the specialist prescribes an individual complex therapy. It consists, as a rule, of antibacterial or antiviral drugs. Anesthetics and decongestants are also prescribed for small patients:
- Antibiotics: Clacid or Suprax in the form of suspensions.
- Medicines against viruses: Viferon or Anaferon.
- Topical products: Miramistin, Lugol.
Dangerous symptoms of
- In case of dangerous bacterial infections, temperature values rise sharply, within one to two hours. Viruses also cause fever, but gradient indicators rarely rise to critical levels.
- For bacterial infections are characterized by rapidly growing pain symptoms in the throat, which can provoke strong edema.
- Respiratory functions in a baby can significantly worsen.
- Heart failure may occur.
- Lymph nodes, located near the inflammation focus, are hypertrophied.
- Further development of infection provokes on the glands focal suppuration of various etiologies.
- There is an increase in intoxication.
- Often in babies, along with other symptoms, vomiting and diarrhea occur.
What to do if the child has a sore throat, Dr. Komarovsky's comments and recommendations:
Prognosis and prevention
Specific vaccinations against viruses have been developed. They must be done in the midst of seasonal epidemics. Against bacteria and fungi such vaccinations do not exist, but there are a number of sanitary and behavioral norms, compliance with which reduces the risk of infection of babies.
- The child should be dressed according to weather conditions. It is important not to allow hypothermia.
- It is necessary to watch, that the child, playing, did not take in a mouth of dangerous subjects. This can lead to a trauma to the throat and provoke the development of an infectious focus.
- Hardening and regular walks with the baby will strengthen his immune system.
- During seasonal epidemics, it is undesirable for a child to attend mass events.
- It is necessary to protect the baby from communicating with the sick person.
- If the treatment of a small patient is carried out outside the hospital, then a thorough cleaning of the room is necessary. Airing should be done every few hours.
Medicine can now cope with virtually any infectious disease of the throat. With timely access to doctors, parents will be able to protect the child from complications and shorten the term of recovery.
Therapy prescribed by a doctor can not be changed at the discretion of the parents. Compliance with the regime of taking prescribed medications is the most important condition for a speedy recovery.