Kapoten is considered to be a group of ACE inhibitors, the main component of the drug being synthesized very first( in 1975).At the moment, the drug remains one of the most effective in the therapy of not only hypertension, but also a number of other cardiac diseases. This article will consider the instructions for the use of tablets and indications for Kapoten, their price, reviews, analogues.
Features of the preparation Kapoten
When treating Kapoten, it is best to avoid its combination with potassium supplements and diuretics. Particular attention should be paid to the prohibition of patients with renal dysfunction. If there is swelling of the lips or face, immediate withdrawal of the drug, consultation with a specialist and taking antihistamines are prescribed.
Reception of Kapoten requires the maintenance of a special diet with salt restriction. It will be necessary to give up lessons associated with danger or requiring quick reaction and attention. It will be necessary to refrain from driving a car, since Kapoten often causes dizziness.
If after receiving the medication symptomatic arterial hypertension occurs, then for a while it's better to take a horizontal position and raise your legs higher. Sometimes when analyzing urine for acetone, a false positive reaction may be present.
25 mg of captopril. As auxiliary components are:
- stearic acid,
- corn starch.
Tablets 50 or 25 mg. The cost depends on the number of tablets in the carton.
The average price for a standard( 14 pcs.) Pack is kept at the level of 120 rubles.
Hypotensive. The agent has a powerful effect, prevents the transfer of angiotensin I to angiotensin II.
For prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, our readers advise the drug "NORMALIFE".This is a natural remedy that affects the cause of the disease, completely preventing the risk of getting a heart attack or stroke. NORMALIFE has no contraindications and begins to act within a few hours after its use. The effectiveness and safety of the drug has been repeatedly proven by clinical studies and long-term therapeutic experience.
The opinion of doctors. .. & gt; & gt;
Helps reduce peripheral resistance of vessels and the overall load. Due to this, the index of the minute volume of the heart muscle increases, tolerance to loads improves. After a long course, there is a positive dynamics in the form of slowing the progress of heart failure, ventricular dilation and its hypertrophy become less pronounced.
Kapoten reduces the production of aldosterone in the adrenal gland and leads to a decrease in the right ventricle of pressure and load.
Within an hour the maximum concentration of the drug is reached. The stomach absorbs 75% of the drug. Slowing down( up to 40%) can occur when taking Kapoten with food.
Half-life takes about 3 hours. About 50% of the medicament is excreted unchanged, mostly by the kidneys.
- myocardial infarction( under condition of stable condition);
- hypertension arterial;
- diabetic nephropathy( if the disease is insulin-dependent);
- chronic failure.
On how to properly take Kapoten tablets at high( high) pressure, read below.
Instructions for use
- With heart failure , the manifestations of transient hypotension can be seriously weakened by a three-times dose of 6.25 mg. For maintenance therapy appoint a dose of 25 mg of the drug, and if necessary, the dosage will be increased every 2 weeks. You can bring it up to 150 mg.
- With , hypertension tries to select the lowest dose that will have a positive effect. Hypertension of a severe degree requires a gradual increase in the amount of the drug taken. At the initial stages of treatment, the dose is no more than 12.5 mg twice a day, in the future you will need to drink 50 mg 3 times a day. If Kapoten is receiving other antihypertensive drugs, then in this case the selection is strictly individual. With a moderate form of hypertension, usually a positive effect gives 100 mg of the drug, divided into 2 divided doses.
- With the infarction , the treatment with Kapoten begins only 3 days after the attack. The initial dose is small - only 6.25 mg three times a day, but gradually the amount of the drug is increased to 25 mg. If the proper therapeutic effect is low, the dosage can be increased to 150 mg. Kapoten is perfectly combined with other drugs that are used in the therapy of heart attack.
- If the patient suffers from renal dysfunction , the dose will depend on the severity of the pathology. So, at the last stage, it is only 12.5 mg twice a day, and for mild forms of dysfunction, the dosage can be brought to 100 mg. If necessary, it is raised exactly until the moment of the onset of a positive effect. To prevent negative consequences additionally prescribed diuretics.
- With nephropathy, against a background of diabetes , a dose of up to 100 mg is indicated, but it is corrected based on accompanying pathologies and laboratory testimony.
Treatment for elderly patients involves the use of the lowest dosages giving a therapeutic effect.
- sensitivity to ACE preparations;
- kidney disease and any serious disorders in the excretory area;
- obstructed blood flow;
- stenosis of the arteries of the kidneys( especially if it is progressive or the kidney is one);
- Quincke's edema( including in the anamnesis);
- postoperative condition;
- obstructive vascular changes.
Carefully use Kapoten in the following diseases:
- Autoimmune diseases of the skin.
- Degraded cerebral circulation.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Primary hyperaldosteronism.
Side effects of
- Allergic reaction: swelling of the tongue, face, larynx, lips and mucous areas.
- Respiratory system: bronchospasm, cough( dry), pulmonary edema.
- Skin: rashes( bullous and vesicular), rash( its disappearance is observed after lowering the dosage), photosensitization, pruritus, hot flashes, erythema, fever.
- Heart and blood vessels: peripheral edema, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension.
- Water-electrolyte balance: acidosis, hyponatremia( its risk is higher when using diuretics against a strict salt restriction), proteinuria, hyperkalemia, increase in blood creatinine and urea nitrogen.
- Nervous system: vision problems, ataxia, dizziness, drowsiness, paresthesia, dizziness.
- Gastrointestinal organs: Hyperbilirubinemia, dry mouth, hepatitis, diarrhea, aphthous stomatitis, taste disorder( temporary), gingival hyperplasia, high activity of liver enzymes, abdominal pain.
If an overdose of Kapoten occurs, the patient experiences a sharp drop in blood pressure and associated symptoms. As methods of treatment, hemodialysis is used, plasma substitutes are introduced.
The risk of hematological disorders becomes higher when administered together with immunosuppressants. Strengthening of hypotensive effect occurs with the simultaneous use of diuretics, adrenoblockers, ganglioblokatorov. Reduction of this effect is promoted by therapy against Clonidine and Indomethacin.
With extreme caution, Capoten is used in the presence of vascular collagen. Constant monitoring( and, if necessary, correction of the medication intake scheme) requires conditions associated with a disturbance of the water-electrolyte balance.
Most patients are satisfied with the use of Kapoten. The convenience of the produced form of the medicine, quick effect, long-term effect is noted. Dissatisfied patients are relatively less. Most complaints concern such a side effect as numbness of the tongue.
Among medical professionals, Kapoten has proven itself to be a reliable, quick action. But professionals emphasize that the medicine should be selected only individually. Only in this case( and with constant monitoring by the doctor) can reduce the likelihood of side effects.
Modern analogues of Kapoten:
More information about the Kapoten product is contained in the video below: