For the treatment of pediculosis( hair lice) and fthiracy( pubic lice), various anti-neoplasmic drugs and their combinations are used. Successful treatment consists in the destruction of adult lice by poisons( insecticides) and the cleavage of the sticky secret nits with which they are firmly glued to the hair shaft. In this case, anti-pediculosis drugs should be completely harmless to humans.
Pair Plus is a modern anti-pediculosis drug, produced in the form of an aerosol, which is very convenient for applying both to the radical part of the hair, and to their entire length. In the preparation for external use of Para Plus, two active substances are simultaneously connected, the combination of which allows to get rid of lice quickly, simply and without harm to the body.
Features of the preparation
Advantages of the anti-pediculosis drug Para Plus before analogues:
- Combined action.
- Convenient form of release.
- No toxicity to humans.
- No sharp odor.
- Short exposure time when applied( extracts on hair).
- You do not need to cover your head with a film.
The main disadvantage of the Pair Plus aerosol can be considered the absence of a frequent comb in the set. The comb is necessary for combing out the destroyed lice and nits from the hair after applying an anti-pediculosis drug.
About the drug Para Plus will tell this video:
The antipaedic drug Para Plus is available in a single dosage form - aerosol in aluminum cylinders equipped with a continuous spray valve. The use of aerosol in the treatment of the scalp is very convenient, since it allows the solution to be applied evenly over the entire length of the hair and to qualitatively treat the scalp.
Ingredients Pair Plus
The preparation contains three active components:
- Permethrin ( 580 mg or 0.5% per 116 g bottle) is a viscous yellowish liquid that gives a characteristic color to the preparation. Has a pronounced paralytic effect on arthropod ectoparasites( dwelling on skin integuments), including lice.
- Malathion ( 290 mg or 0.25% per 116 g bottle) is a colorless viscous liquid that gives the drug a distinctive odor. Has a pronounced insecticidal effect due to inhibition of the conversion of the enzyme acetylcholine, which is necessary for the conductivity of nerve impulses in insects.
- Piperonyl butoxide ( 2320 mg or 2% per 116 g bottle) is a colorless liquid necessary to block the production of protective enzymes in lice. Significantly enhances the action of permethrin and other active insecticides, so it is often found in preparations for the destruction of ectoparasites.
In addition to the active ingredients, Para Plus also contains auxiliary substances:
- Isododecane ( 54 g 810 mg or 47.25% per 116 g bottle) is a colorless polymer that is actively used in cosmetology as an analog of mineral oils. It is well suited for spraying( has volatility), when applied creates a film.
- Tetrafluoroethane ( 58 g or 50% per 116 g bottle) is a non-flammable substance( the main component of the balloon is the Para Plus product).Tetrafluoroethane is necessary for the creation of an aerosol, has a low potential for damage to the ozone layer, and is therefore increasingly used in production.
Average aerosol cost The pair Plus in a 116-liter tank is approximately 500 rubles. The price varies depending on the region of sale and the country of origin.
The pharmacological action is caused by the neuroparalytic effect of two active insecticides - permethrin and malathion. Permethrin has low toxicity for humans, it penetrates extremely hard through the skin, but it can cause itching of the skin, irritation and burning of the mucous membranes. Malathion has an average toxicity for humans, it is able to penetrate the skin through prolonged exposure.
The effect of Para Plus on the head louse is due to the complex effects of permethrin and malathion. The content of piperonyl butoxide allows insecticidal substances to be more active.
- Permethrin - a nerve-paralyzing poison that inhibits polarization( change of charges) of membranes of nerve cells of parasites. This leads to a violation of ion exchange in the sodium tubules and paralysis of the insect.
- Malathion is a poison from the class of organophosphorus compounds. Its effect is due to the irreversible inactivation of acetylcholinesterase( an enzyme necessary for nerve conduction), which causes acetylcholine poisoning.
- Piperonyl butoxide prevents the development of protective enzymes by lice. This increases the degree of effect of poisons on the parasite organism.
Due to the complex effects, Para Plus effectively and quickly destroys parasites from the first application. In addition, due to the combination of active substances, the probability of occurrence of immunity to active substances in systematic use is extremely small.
Because the drug is intended exclusively for external use and its absorption into the bloodstream is insignificant, there is no data on pharmacokinetics.
Treatment of pediculosis of the scalp( elimination of lice and nits).
Instructions for Use
Aerosol Steam Plus is suitable for external use only. Before use, the balloon is shaken, then the aerosol is sprayed along the entire length of the hair, beginning with the basal areas and the scalp. There is no need to wrap hair with a film or a plastic bag.
- The exposure time of the preparation on the hair is 10 minutes. At the end of this time, rinse your hair with warm water and wash your head thoroughly with an ordinary shampoo.
- After treatment it is necessary to remove dead insects and nits from the hair. For this, a frequent comb is used. To make nits easier to remove, you can rinse your hair with diluted vinegar.
For children and newborns
The drug is not used to treat pediculosis in newborns and children younger than 2.5 years.
In pregnancy and lactation
No data on the use of the drug by pregnant and lactating women. Pregnancy and lactation( breast-feeding) is not an absolute contraindication.
However, in studies on cows after treatment with preparations containing malathion, its insignificant concentration was found in milk. Therefore, it is recommended that pregnant and lactating women refrain from using Para Plus.
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to components of the drug.
- Child's age is up to 30 months( 2.5 years).
- Asthma( including bronchial).
Side effects of
Side effects from the use of the drug are extremely rare. Several cases of mild allergic reaction during the exposure and after application of Para Plus have been reported:
- scalp itching;
- burning sensation;
- redness of the skin on the application sites;
- sensation of tingling.
The use of Para Plus is considered safe, but there are several important points to consider:
- There is no scallop with the preparation. Therefore, before applying it is recommended to purchase a comb to easily remove dead lice and nits.
- Steam Pair has a very specific smell, so it is recommended to use it in a room with good ventilation.
- The protivopediculosis medication is intended for external use only, and if exposed to mucous membranes, it can cause severe burning or itching. If the aerosol hits the eyes, mouth or nasal cavity, it is necessary to wash the focus as soon as possible with running water until the discomfort disappears.
- Aerosol Steam pair is convenient to use. Its application does not require any protective equipment and allows covering the entire area of the scalp and the entire length of the hair.
- The drug is extremely effective against head lice. Often one application is enough to get rid of parasites completely. When running, it is necessary to re-process after 7-10 days after the first application.
- For greater efficiency, it is necessary to carefully process all items used by the pediculous patient. Hats, bed linen and clothes are treated.
Analogues for the action include:
- Pedilin( emulsion and shampoo).
- Nittifor( external solution and conditioner cream).
- Itach( shampoo).
- Parasidosis( shampoo).
About drugs for pediculosis in children will tell Dr. Komarovsky in this video: