Not so dangerous is the disease of gastritis as its complications. Acute and chronic forms are accompanied by the following complications, dangerous to human life:
- Internal bleeding, which is often found in inflammatory processes. The mucous membrane of the stomach is gradually destroyed and blood penetrates through its walls, which can be deadly. Such changes can arise because of a small attack. It is impossible to delay this complication and urgently call an ambulance. Infection with blood, peritonitis. If gastritis does not begin to be treated on time, pus will be transferred to the bloodstream through the abdominal cavity. Thus, the infection spreads throughout the body and can affect any organ. Even if the patient is operated on, there is a risk of death.
- Stomach cancer. According to statistics, in Russia every tenth case of cancer passes through the line of gastroenterology. Not finding the development of the tumor in time, a slow and painful death awaits a person, which can not be prevented by any treatment. The likelihood of such complications increases with gastritis, which is accompanied by the defeat of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori.
The susceptibility to cancer development is shared by the stronger sexes in adulthood( from the age of 50), who smoke heavily and regularly drink alcoholic beverages. Also, doctors say that lovers of sharp and smoked dishes are more likely to develop stomach cancer.
- Anemia. With this GI disease, vitamin B12 can not be absorbed in the digestive tract. In some cases, this leads to a shortage of iron, which turns into iron deficiency anemia.
- Pancreatitis. Gastritis in a neglected form often develops into an inflammation of the pancreas. The risk of getting sick with pancreatitis increases with frequent use of alcohol, smoking, and also taking antibiotics.
- Hypovitaminosis. With a shortage of vitamins, which provokes the disease, a person becomes irritable, restless, sluggish. Immunity weakens, hair fade and fall out, nails become brittle, gums often bleed, teeth crumble. Because of metabolic disorders, abdominal pains appear. General health deteriorates.
- Peptic ulcer disease. With acute and chronic gastritis, the mucous membrane of the stomach is eroded, and if no timely treatment is prescribed, an ulcer is formed.
This complication develops almost asymptomatically, therefore it is difficult to diagnose it at early stages.
Gastritis can provoke a variety of diseases besides disrupting the work of the gastrointestinal tract. With dysfunction of the digestive system, other organs do not receive the necessary for normal functioning. As a result of complications, the appearance of absolutely different common diseases of the body is possible.
Consequences of gastritis
Gastritis manifests itself in the form of severe pathological changes, during which the walls of the stomach become inflamed. Consequences of the disease can be called:
- Disturbance of the digestive system. The disease can be accompanied by constipation, flatulence, intestinal dysbiosis or diarrhea. The chair can be with blood veins. Unpleasant odor from the mouth.
- Constant weakness, loss of strength.
- Dehydration. To avoid complications and consequences of gastritis, the patient is prescribed physiological solutions.
- Spasms of the walls of the stomach, which inhibit the digestion of food.
- Disappearance of appetite, which can lead to body exhaustion and anorexia.
The chronic form is dangerous because it can be asymptomatic for a few years or may appear occasionally. But if the disease is not detected in time, serious consequences can arise.
Acute gastritis manifests itself several hours after the influence of harmful causes.
Do not expose yourself to this risk and at the first symptoms of complications, consult a doctor.
Problems with gastritis
The problem of gastritis is one of the most acute in the field of gastroenterology. According to statistics, almost half of the world's population suffers from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. At the same time 80% of these ailments occur in gastritis. Today, it affects not only adults, but also children of preschool age.
Acute and chronic forms of the disease cause the appearance of complications in the form of scars, which can develop into stenosis and hepatitis. During the disease, slagging of the body, clogging with toxins, the formation of excess female hormones. The patient quickly becomes tired, it is difficult even for him to give light physical exercises. The disease is accompanied by a sharp dizziness, the appearance of apathy and puffiness, insomnia.
The main problems of gastritis can be called a pain syndrome in the upper abdomen, heartburn, nausea, bloating, constipation or, conversely, - severe diarrhea.
Gastritis - a disease much worse than it might seem at first glance. Running forms is not easy to heal, and this is not the worst thing. Without proper treatment, it irrevocably changes the structure of the mucosa, then it acts on deeper tissues.
Gastric ulcer is a common consequence of this disease. But before its formation, the process of digestion is disrupted, which leads to numerous problems - diseases of the intestine, liver, pancreas.