The drug represents a budget variant of an effective external antifungal drug.
Features of the drug
The drug is used only externally. After expiration date, the tool can not be used. Has a wide range of activities.
The effect of the drug depends on the correct diagnosis and the use of the product in accordance with the instructions.
Manufacturer produces the drug in such dosage forms:
- Cream ( sometimes called ointment), packaged in aluminum tubes, capacity of 30 g. The medicinal mass has in its composition 1% of the basic substance.
- Solution , having a consistency of the main substance of 1%, the liquid is in special containers in the form of bottles equipped with a dropper. The bottles are made of dark glass, contain 15 grams of medication.
- Powder ( 1%), packed in polyethylene cans with a capacity of 30 g.
- Spray is available in polymer bottles with a built-in sprayer. The content of the main substance in the liquid is 1%, the capacity of the bottles is 20 ml.
The agent contains the active ingredient bifonazole. Additional ingredients depend on the form of the preparation.
- zinc oxide,
Additional substances in the cream:
- Propylene Glycol,
- Macrogol 400,
- Macrogol 4000.
The auxiliary ingredient in the solution is Macrogol 400.
The spray has such additional substances as
- Macrogol 400,
- Propylene Glycol,
Average cost of the drug:
- spray( 20 ml) - 102 rubles;
- powder( 30 g) - 41 rubles;
- cream( 30 g) - 67 rubles;
- solution( 15 g) - 39 rub.
Pharmacological action of
Bifosin is able to fight with fungal infection. The drug has a wide range of effects.
The active substance of the remedy treats problems related to skin lesions:
- yeast-like fungi,
- and other species of fungi.
The principle of the drug is to damage the function of the cell membrane of fungi. This effect is achieved by suppressing the production of ergosterol. This substance is an important component of the membrane of fungi.
Ingredients agents are able to penetrate deep layers of the skin if its surface has lesions. High concentrations of the active substance can be preserved in the skin( at the site of application) up to two or even three days.
The agent is prescribed for treatment in such cases:
- in skin diseases caused by:
- moldy fungi,
- malassezia furfur,
- corynebacterium minutissimum,
- yeast-like fungi,
- if there was a ripeness,
- dermatomycosis of the scalp),
- dermatomycosis skin surface,
- mycosis stop,
- superficial candidiasis of the skin,
- mycosis nail plate.
Instruction for use
- The lesion is covered with a thin layer of the drug. It is recommended not to rub the preparation lightly into the skin. The frequency of application of bifosin: once or twice a day.
- If the site with the problem is in the inflammation stage, exudative forms of lesions are present, then the drug should be used as a solution.
When the inflammation passes from the acute stage to a more relaxed state, it is recommended to use the cream, after it apply powder( powder).The duration of treatment depends on the type of skin damage( or nails):
- nail fungus is treated for up to four months,
- is discordant for up to four weeks,
- skin lesions, including in the genital area, up to four weeks.
The use of the drug for adults and children( except for infants) does not differ much. To achieve a positive result, a sufficient concentration of the active substance should be created in the skin.
If it is necessary to cure the fungus of the nail plate, you should perform the following actions:
- Apply the cream to the entire surface of the nail.
- The patient's nail is closed with a bandage or plaster and is not opened for 24 hours.
- After the expiration of 24 hours, the bandage is removed, the injured nail is lowered into warm water for about ten minutes.
- That part of the sick nail that has become softened is removed by a scraper.
- The whole procedure( application of cream and bandages) is repeated again. The number of procedures - until the effect is obtained.
If there is a need to use a remedy for infants, it is recommended that the appointment be made by a specialist. When treating infants, it is necessary to exercise special care and attention.
In pregnancy and lactation
In the first trimester of pregnancy, the agent is prescribed with caution. And the lactation period is considered a contraindication for the use of bifosin.
The drug is not prescribed to patients if they have such prerequisites for contraindications:
- the woman is breastfeeding the baby,
- one or more components of the drug causes an allergic reaction in the patient.
Side effects of
The drug in rare cases initiates undesirable effects:
- burning sensation at the site of application,
- allergic dermatitis,
- skin irritation,
- vesicular rash,
- pruritus of skin surface.
It is recommended to observe the following rules during use of the tool:
- Do not allow medication into the eyes.
- If the specialist finds it expedient to use the drug for a child less than a year old, then the treatment should be performed under the supervision of a doctor.
- In the event that the patient does not have any reaction to the use of the drug or the effect with the use of the agent is insignificant, it is recommended to conduct an additional examination of the patient's health in order to have data to correct the actions aimed at treatment.
The product does not affect the speed of reactions and the ability to drive a car. Regardless of the use of the drug, the patient can engage in hazardous activities if the labor activity provides for this.
Interaction with other drugs
When bifosin is used in conjunction with other drugs, no interaction reactions between them have been observed.
Users are well informed about the drug, noting its effectiveness, a wide range of actions and a relatively low cost. I like that the drug has an acceptable odor.
- The drug is able to overcome the fungal infection. The positive effect persists for a long time.
- Users consider bifosin one of the best antifungal agents. In the cases described, nail fungus went through five to six weeks.
For preparations that have the same effect, refers to bifacifs.