The phenomenon of pulsation in the ears occurs quite often. At least once he faced every person on the planet. The medical name of this attribute is tinnitus, which implies the appearance of pulsating noise. Pulsation can lead to distraction, insomnia and increased irritability.
Ripple: the etiology of
The most common rhythmic ripple in the ear is that the person has problems with the cardiovascular system. Usually pulsation repeats the tempo rhythm of heart beats.
A person experiences an unpleasant tingling or a feeling of involuntary muscle contractions inside the ear.
Pulsation also occurs for many other reasons. These can be traumas, neoplasms, inflammatory processes and diseases of the ears. In this case, the sensations experienced by a person depend on the cause of the onset of the symptom.
The reasons for the appearance of such a sign as a ripple in the ears are very diverse. Doctors subdivide them into 4 main and 1 additional groups:
- injuries to the ears and head;
- cardiovascular disease;
- of the ear disease;
- tumor formation;
- other specific factors.
Why we hear a ripple in the ear, see in our video:
Ripple very often occurs after traumatic brain injury or injury directly to the hearing organs. This is explained by a violation of blood circulation in the damaged part. The sensation of pain is of a pulsating nature occurs a few hours after the injury.
Unpleasant sensations can be greatly enhanced by touching the damaged tissues or with head tilts. Usually the pain of a pulsating nature occurs only in the right or left ear. The syndrome can deprive the patient of sleep and appetite, bring a headache and easy disorientation.
Virtually none of the patients experiencing the symptom of pulsation know that it can be caused by heart disease. Determine whether pulsation depends on heart disease by observing.
So, if a person feels a surge in pulsation when he climbs the stairs, does a little jog, raises gravity or makes frequent inclines, the symptom may well be talking about disturbances in the work of the cardiovascular system.
Additionally, there may be a symptom of severity in the head or a feeling of constriction in the cervical spine.
The most frequent heart diseases that can cause ripple in the ear are:
- defects in the structure or function of blood vessels.
Diseases of the middle and inner ear
Diseases of the auditory organs are not always the root cause of the ripple symptom in the ear. Recognize the disease of the ears is simple enough. If the pulse is supplemented by symptoms such as a feeling of pressure on the ears, acute tingling sensations inside, a sensation of fluid or congestion, and a partial loss of hearing, the patient is almost 90% likely to have one of the following diseases:
- Otitis. This inflammatory disease leads to the formation and accumulation inside the ear of fluid or pus. It differs by stupid or stitching pain, hearing loss.
- Rough cork. Sulfur is produced especially actively if there are any ear diseases in a person. Collecting, sulfur forms a cork, which affects the hearing and clogs the auditory canal. A weak pain symptom is possible.
- Inflammatory process in the Eustachian tube. With this disease, the patient can also suffer from the accumulation of pus.
Tumors can also become a cause of pulsation, neoplasms can occur in the brain and spinal cord, the auditory nerve, and also in the neck. Constantly expanding, the tumor can affect the vessels and large veins. Pressure on them, neoplasm leads to a deterioration of the blood supply to the brain or inner ear. So there is a symptom of pulsation, which is often accompanied by pain and deafness.
In rare cases, when the tumor is located in the cervical spine, the pulsation symptom can affect both ears one at a time or simultaneously.
Hematoma, which is caused by a head injury, can also affect the blood flow. Usually, as it gradually resolves, the pulsation in the ear goes away and does not remind of itself anymore.
Ripple in the ear with neurinoma of the auditory nerve:
Other variants of
There are a number of other causes of pulsation, which in medical practice do not distinguish in separate subgroups. These include the following factors:
- age-related changes in hearing;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine;
- pregnancy( in this case, pulsation occurs under the influence of hormonal changes in the body of a woman);
- stress, depression, shock, nedosyp and nervous disorders;
- frequent listening to music in headphones at full volume( at least 18 hours per week);
- work in production with sharp differential pressure without ear plugs;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, in particular atherosclerosis - a disease that affects the walls of blood vessels and does not allow them to pulsate along with the movement of blood;
- prolonged use of antibiotics( a special effect on the cells of the inner ear is gentamicin).
To diagnose ripple in the ears, doctors can use several basic methods of research. Among them:
- Auscultation of the skull. For the procedure, the doctor uses a phonendoscope. Usually during the study, patients are diagnosed with an arterial aneurysm, a glomus tumor and other diseases requiring surgical intervention.
- Tonal threshold audiometry. The procedure allows you to measure the characteristics of the amplitude of sounds in the ear of the patient. To this end, the doctor reproduces different sounds of different loudness and frequency.
- Study with a bone vibrator. During this study, a special apparatus is installed in the region of the temporal bone. This device transmits sounds directly to the inner ear.
Based on the patient's complaints and research results, the doctor can prescribe a number of other procedures that will accurately diagnose the ailment that led to pulsation.
Pulsating in the ear is not an independent disease. This symptom is just a symptom of any disease. Precisely, based on the source of pulsating sensations, the doctor prescribes effective treatment aimed at eliminating the cause of the disease.
The treatment that the doctor prescribes can be medicated or surgical.
If there is a ripple or other symptomatology, you should consult a therapist. The doctor will conduct a primary examination, and then send to a specific doctor who is competent specifically in a particular case. It can be:
- an otolaryngologist;
Reviews on the treatment of pulsation in the ear folk remedies:
The danger of pulsation in the ear lies in the spectrum of the most diverse side effects that a person can face. Among them:
- significant hearing impairment;
- increased pain, which can deprive the patient of sleep and appetite, and also lead to an increase in temperature;
- exacerbation of diseases that cause ripple;
- transfer of ear diseases into chronic form.
That's why, the patient should pay attention to this symptom in time, apply to the clinic and start treatment.
The prognosis for the cure of this symptom can be positive only in case of timely contact with a doctor. In 95% of cases, patients get rid of pulsations after visiting a specialist. The remaining cases are associated with age-related changes in the organs of hearing.
In order not to worry about the possible occurrence of ripple in the ear, it is worth observing some simple rules:
- should avoid stress;
- should not take any medication without their prior appointment as a doctor;
- is required to pay attention to any suspicious symptoms and to consult a doctor in time;
- as far as possible, it is necessary to avoid excessively loud sounds and music;
- does not need to abuse listening to the player, listening to music in headphones can not be at full volume and no more than 18-20 hours a week.
You can protect yourself today, the most important thing is to listen to your body and fight against any suspicious symptoms in time.