Diarrhea itself is not a disease that can be cured, but a symptom that indicates problems with the gastrointestinal tract. And the range of problems is very wide: from simple indigestion to an infectious disease.
The liquid stool accompanies intoxication states, acute or chronic pathologies of the digestive and excretory systems, as well as infectious diseases. In addition to the fact that a person experiences a state of discomfort( frequent urges, pain and bloating, nausea), prolonged diarrhea leads to the fact that the body loses a lot of fluid and nutrients, resulting in depletion.
Therefore, it is understandable the desire of each patient, faced with this unpleasant condition, get rid of it as soon as possible. And here comes to the rescue advertising, offering inexpensive and effective pills against diarrhea, guaranteeing instant effect. However, before going to the pharmacy and buying the recommended drugs from the TV screen, you need to understand what is actually happening in the body.
The causes of diarrhea
Diseases that can cause this unpleasant symptom is very much. But most often digestive disorders occur as a result of :
- is a common stomach disorder due to poor-quality products, liquids;
- Nerve Stress;
- dysbiosis due to diet;
- response to medications;
- poisoning by any substances;
- is a bacterial or viral infection;
- is a certificate of severe diseases.
In the first, second and third cases, you can really safely choose tablets against diarrhea, inexpensive, from the list of the most effective. You can personally study the list or consult a pharmacist. But to find out what is happening is still worth it, because diarrhea is just a symptom. So that it does not recur, its cause must be stopped at the root.
In all other cases, cheap medications may stop diarrhea, but definitely will not solve the problem. Moreover: doctors will find it more difficult to make a primary diagnosis, because there is no such important symptom.
When should I see a doctor?
Immediate consultation of a doctor with diarrhea is necessary when:
- diarrhea occurs in infants;
- diarrhea, accompanied by fever, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, regardless of the age of the patient;
presence of blood in the stool;
- signs of loss of fluid and mineral salts( pain in the kidney, dry tongue, cramps, thirst, no urine for 5 hours or more);
- older people over 70;
- patients suffering from severe heart disease, blood vessels, blood system;
- pregnant women at any gestation period.
In case of severe diarrhea, self-medication should not be taken, as an intestinal disorder can be contagious. It is necessary to immediately seek medical help!
Available cures for diarrhea: enterosorbents
If diarrhea has occurred as a result of poisoning of the body, neutralization of the negative impact of harmful substances is carried out with the help of adsorbents. These are the most effective and inexpensive diarrhea tablets that have the ability to bind and remove toxins and poisons from the body.
Here is a short list of the most affordable drugs:
- Smecta( dioctahedral smectite) .This drug is excellent for both diarrhea and heartburn, as well as bloating. The average price for a package of 10 bags is 150 rubles.
- Enterosgel( polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate) .An irreplaceable remedy for food poisoning. Helps to quickly remove toxins from the body, but not suitable for diarrhea caused by indigestion. The average price per package( 225 g) is 355 rubles.
- Activated charcoal kills pathogenic flora, removes toxins, stops diarrhea. Active substance - activated carbon. The feces turn black after reception. Do not be afraid of this: it is quite natural reaction of the body to this medicine.
- Phthalazole( phthalylsulfatiazole) .Cheap remedy for the treatment of intestinal infections. The average price per package( 500 mg) is 23 rubles.
- Enterodez is a drug based on povidone, exerts detoxification on the body, eliminates intestinal poisoning, including diarrhea, bloating, and vomiting. It is used in the treatment of children from 1 year. The intake norm is calculated taking into account the weight and age of the patient( 0.3 g per kg of child weight).The course of treatment under the supervision of a doctor is from 3 to 7 days.
It is difficult to determine which diarrhea remedy will be effective in any given case, even if the cause of the problem is established. Therefore, it is advisable not to engage in self-medication, but choose a medicine together with a doctor, because the assortment and the patient can simply get confused in such a quantity of drugs.
Probiotics are prescribed for intestinal dysbacteriosis, as well as for the prevention of diarrhea when taking antibiotics to treat intestinal infections.
- Bifidumbacterin - is made in capsules, tablets against diarrhea, in the form of a dry preparation that requires dilution with water. Accepted for foodborne infections, intestinal infections. Ingredients: Live bifidobacteria. Special instructions: It is not recommended to take a joint reception with antibiotics, do not dissolve the medicine in hot water and store it in a dissolved form. Price: 80-120 rub.
- Lactobacterin - restores intestinal microflora, normalizes digestion and stool, improves metabolic processes in the body. Contraindicated in candidiasis, lactose intolerance. Active substance: dry lactobacilli. Cost: 100 - 140 rubles.
- Lineks is a popular antidiarrheal agent, a drug that normalizes the intestinal microflora. Ingredients: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium infantis, Enterococcus faecium. Contraindications: hypersensitivity, it is not recommended to take simultaneously with hot food, alcohol. Price: 400-500 rub.
- Hilak forte - promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract, improves gastric secretion, has a negative effect on pathogenic microorganisms. Assign in the treatment of dysbiosis, chronic disorders in the digestive tract, diarrhea, colitis, infectious diseases. Active substance: biosynthetic lactic acid. Cost: 140-180 rubles.
Diarrhea tablets: list
It is impossible to determine what will be the most effective remedy for diarrhea in each specific clinical case. We offer a list of some well-known, popular, effective diarrhea medicines that are taken at the doctor's prescription for various causes of diarrhea.
Important! Before using any of the drugs, you should consult your doctor, or at least read the instructions. Do not start treatment yourself if there is a suspicion of infectious diseases or damage to the gastrointestinal tract.
Imodium( loperamide, LPDI, suppylol).Imodium - lingual tablets 2 mg( for resorption in the oral cavity).Advantages of this form of the drug - a faster onset of the effect( within 1 hour), the possibility of use in vomiting, difficulty swallowing. Or capsules of 2 mg each.
Imodium is the drug of choice for acute diarrhea of non-infectious nature( if diarrhea is due to a change in the habitual diet, "stressful" diarrhea), travelers' diarrhea, infectious diarrhea of the mild and moderate course, irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea.
Adults with acute diarrhea - 4 mg( 2 capsules) at one time, then - 2 mg after each discharge. The maximum daily dose is up to 8 mg per day.
A sulfanilamide drug is more indicated for infectious diarrhea( acute dysentery, exacerbations of its chronic form, colitis, enterocolitis of infectious nature), so taking phthalazole with diarrhea caused by banal indigestion is not always rational. The effect of its administration begins to be observed only on day 2-3, which is explained by the suppression of growth of pathogenic microflora in the intestine.
Although the drug has few side effects, its use is undesirable in patients with problems in the kidneys, liver, hemopoiesis and hemophilia. During pregnancy, phthalazole can be prescribed when there is a risk of irreversible consequences for a woman, and in the first trimester it is strictly contraindicated.
is a drug of antibiotic levomycetin. Its main function is bacteriostatic action and protein destruction. That's why the pills will be great for diarrhea. They carry out the destruction of bacteria in the body, which are not sensitive, for example to tetracycline.
In fact, the spectrum that covers levomitsentin is very large. It can help with pneumonia, brucellosis, fever, biliary tract diseases, typhoid fever and salmonellosis.
Chewable tablets based on loperamide hydrochloride. The use of the pill helps to relieve the symptoms of diarrhea by slowing the motility of the musculature of the intestine, eliminates the frequent urge to defecate.
The main indications for use: acute, chronic diarrhea. A single dose of the drug is 4 mg for an adult, 2 mg for a child of 6 years. The maximum daily norm is 16 mg.