Diarrhea is a condition in which the amount of bowel movements increases, as well as the frequency and weight of the stool. With frequent fluid stool, the patient has a violation of the water-salt balance.
With frequent intake of saline laxatives or when exposed to some viral infections in humans, osmotic diarrhea may develop. With such a violation, non-sucking substances are able to increase the oncotic intestinal pressure. This causes the secretion of water in the lumen of the intestine. Most often, such a process stops if you do not eat for a while.
To determine osmotic diarrhea on your own, you need to know its symptoms:
- The stool is frothy, has a little residue of undigested food;
- The stool volume is slightly enlarged;
- Body temperature increases;
- A patient may notice dehydration;
- Painful spasms appear.
Treatment of osmotic diarrhea
Once a change in stool and a type of diarrhea has been identified, treatment can be started. Osmotic diarrhea requires a change in the patient's diet. From your diet, you must exclude the following products:
- Black bread and fresh vegetables. These products are able to stimulate the intestinal peristalsis;
- Spicy and spicy dishes, coffee. Such products are able to stimulate reflexively;
- Chips and salted soups contain osmotic active ingredients that have a bad effect on bowel function;
- Milk and carbonated drinks;
- Honey, because it contains enzymes of fatty foods.
During the treatment of osmotic diarrhea, the following ingredients can be used to make the right menu:
- Curd, just not greasy;
- Vegetable soups, but only on light broth;
- Crackers of white bread;Rice porridge, cooked on a water basis;
- Baked apples.
Remember that even a healthy person may have lactose intolerance. Most often these people live in regions where they do not breed cows. These people are advised to use low-fat cottage cheese in small portions.
Together with a properly formulated diet, with osmotic diarrhea, the following drugs can be used:
- Codeine phosphate.
These drugs are used as rehydration solutions. In addition, antibacterial therapy is prescribed. This is due to the fact that the patient could get osmotic diarrhea due to bacteria that got into the body. With bacteria, a drug such as Bacterin or Biseptol will cope. Some doctors prescribe eubiotics. These drugs have not only antibacterial, but also antifungal action. Antibiotics should be taken within one week.
There are cases when the infection is destroyed, and the liquid stool remains. This can be for the following reasons:
- The patient suffers from irritable bowel syndrome;
- Lactose insufficiency;
- Deteriorated diseases that occurred earlier, for example, ulcerative colitis.
After the liquid stool has been eradicated, it is better to think about the prevention of osmotic diarrhea. Regardless of location, you need to remember about proper nutrition. You also need to remember about hygiene. Elementary washing of hands and vegetables with fruits will save from large inconveniences.
Many bacteria that cause diarrhea can be in raw water. It is for this reason, it is not necessary to drink from questionable sources. It is best to drink boiled water.
Do not forget about drugs. Excessive use of medicines adversely affects the functioning of the intestine. Be more attentive to your health and treat chronic diseases in a timely manner.