1 Basis for the
study The procedure for the MRI of the brain is due to a number of acute and chronic symptoms. First of all, these are headaches accompanied by nausea and vomiting, disturbances in the work of the auditory and visual apparatus, and motor problems.
Recommended to read
- Difference between CT from MRT
- Procedure for conducting an electroencephalogram
- Causes of epilepsy
- Modern drugs from Pressure!
Often, the disease manifests through neurology, memory dips, cognitive defects. Prompt MRI helps identify and treat:
- Tumors of the brain;
- Infectious diseases, including encephalitis and meningitis;
- Hemorrhages caused by mechanical damage;
- Aging and acquired dementia;
- Vascular system defects;
- Visual and hearing impairments.
MRI is also used to detect hydrocephalus, identify the causes of epilepsy, multiple sclerosis.
2 Preparatory stage
There are a number of activities to prepare for the study:
- Clothes are changed to a shirt or a robe. In some cases, if metal elements, including locks and zippers, are absent, the patient is admitted to the procedure without special clothing.
- Explaining how the procedure goes, doctors warn that sometimes it is accompanied by nausea. Therefore, doctors recommend to give up eating a few hours before the tomography. If an MRI participant has already undergone studies and has not experienced side effects, food intake is allowed.
- A prerequisite is to provide information about allergic manifestations of contrast, asthma and other chronic diseases.
- The doctor should also receive comprehensive information about pregnancy, even if the patient only presupposes her. In the process, neither the mother nor the fetus does not receive harmful effects, but in order to avoid trouble, the first trimester excludes resonance analysis. However, in situations where the diagnosis is urgent, the physician decides to have an MRI.
- Having kidney problems complicates admission to research. Then they are preceded by laboratory tests.
- Certain problems can occur with people suffering from claustrophobia. They are prescribed special medications that reduce anxiety and anxiety. If they do not help, open equipment is used.
- In any case, all the metals from jewelry to piercing and dentures of a removable type are removed from the body and clothing. In modern conditions, tomography can be done in the presence of crowns, metal joints. However, the specialist must be informed in advance of all such cases, which helps to prevent screen disturbances and image disturbances.
- Unwanted accessories include stents, vascular clips, artificial heart valves, including defibrillators and pacemakers, built-in pumps. Also, pins, metal plates, cochlear implants should be avoided. If they are available, the decision on admission is made by a specific specialist.
3 Features of the open type
Immediate tomograph is a horizontal device of a cylindrical shape, inside of which is a couch for the examinee. Given the complexity of the procedure in the presence of claustrophobia and excess weight, open-type instruments were developed. Here side panels are used instead of the cylinder. The accuracy of open models was previously considered to be rather low, but recently most medical institutions have received reliable devices. Their practical use shows high efficiency.
4 The essence of the procedure and side effects of
During the examination, the voltage goes through the wire coils located on the outer and inner sides of the equipment in the area of the patient's head. Next, the impulse analysis is performed using a computer program, and the results are displayed on the screen at the desired angle. The study demonstrates consistent clarity and visual accuracy, incomparable with similar parameters of other techniques, such as X-rays and ultrasound.
- Dikul: Orthopedists deceive people! Joints are treated simply "Strong joints and back pains are needed 3 times a day. .."Read more & gt; & gt;
On average, the magnetic analysis takes 25 - 45 minutes depending on the site examined, the complexity and nature of the disease. The procedure of MRI is not associated with painful sensations, and the discomfort arising in certain situations is caused by closed space and auditory perception.
Some patients have a thin nervous system and poorly tolerate sounds, for which they are offered earplugs. It is necessary to note the advantages of modern equipment, when passing the examination is accompanied by pleasant music, and the built-in air conditioner maintains a comfortable temperature. Subsequently, the taste of metal appears in the mouth. It's just a reaction of the body and you should not be afraid of it. Immediately after the end of the tomography, the patient can proceed to normal cases.
Sometimes the patient's eyes are shaken, there is nausea and pain in the area of contrast injection. You should immediately notify the doctor who will offer help.
5 Advantages over other types of diagnostics
The patient is requested to undergo a non-invasive diagnostic method, eliminating the radiation factor. The screened image of the brain, soft tissues and cranial structure is extremely clear, allowing you to identify tumors and stroke already in the early stages. Contrast, the injections of which are used in the process, practically does not cause allergies, in contrast to iodinated materials, actively used in CT and X-rays.
At the request of the patient, he may be provided with the results of a survey recorded on a disk or USB drive. The average cost of the MRI procedure is 4-5 thousand rubles. Considering the benefits of tomography, its ability to detect hidden diseases, investments are more than payback in the shortest possible time. The equipment is constantly being improved, allowing to carry out the process much faster. Already today, specialists display 3D images allowing a comprehensive analysis of the claimed site.