One of the most delicate topics rarely spoken of is the work of our digestive system. Despite this, the delay of defecation affects more than half of humanity. There are several types of constipation, which are associated with the appearance of certain diseases or causes.
Endocrine constipation occurs with the following diseases:
- With hypothyroidism;
- In case of disease of the gonads;
- Pregnancy may also cause endocrine constipation. This is due to the growth of the fetus and its pressure on the intestines;
- With adrenal cortex disease.
Any of these diseases requires specialist intervention. Symptoms of endocrine constipation are as follows:
- The patient experiences lethargy and weakness;
- Skin becomes dry;
- Delayed emptying is observed for several days;
- Swelling of the abdomen is observed;
- Emptying is often painful.
Treatment of endocrine constipation
In order to get rid of the disease, you need to change your lifestyle, at least for the time of illness. It is recommended to spend more time swimming, running, walking outdoors, provided that there are no contraindications.
Treatment of endocrine constipation should begin after the first symptoms appear. To ease the condition, you need to perform a massage every morning. Exercise is done with the palm clockwise for 5 minutes.
After the patient has got out of bed in the morning, he needs to drink 1 glass of cold water. This should be done 30 minutes before breakfast. When there is a constipation of endocrine origin, you need to make a menu for the whole day. This is necessary in order not to accidentally use intestinal products. Laxatives should be used only if the disorder has lasted more than 3 days.
Do not neglect and folk recipes. In addition to drug therapy, doctors recommend that their patients try:
- Decoction from the bark of buckthorn, jostler fruit or senna leaf. It is enough to dilute 20 grams of one of the plants with 200 milliliters of water. Decoction of buckthorn and senna is used for 1 tablespoon in the morning and in the evening, and the fruit of the hopper for half a glass at night;
- Licorice root is a laxative;
- Dill grass.
Since it is better to treat endocrine constipation under the supervision of a doctor, all folk remedies can be used only after diagnosis and recommendations of a specialist.