Earlier in medical practice such dressings as: gauze, cotton wool, bandages were popular. In the 21st century, everything is being improved, innovations are also included in the field of surgery and medicine. One of the modern technological materials used by doctors is Kosmopor.
"Kosmopor" is necessary to maintain the purity of postoperative wounds. This bandage is also used for the purpose of sterile care in the presence of minor damage to the dermis.
Its value lies in preventing infection of the wound. This dressing consists of several layers, which we consider below.
Cosmopore is a self-adhesive bandage. The package may contain 5, 25, 50 pieces. The bandages come in various sizes:
- 10 x 8 cm;
- 8 x 6 cm;
- 7.2 x 5 cm;
- 35 x 10 cm;
- 25 x 10 cm;
- 20 x 8 cm;
- 20 x 10 cm;
- 15 x 8 cm;
- 15 x 6 cm.
Each patch is individually sealed, sterile.
Cosmopor E dressing overview is given in this video:
The following types of plasters are also produced, the difference is in their composition:
- Kosmopor Antibacterial with silver. This sterile patch is waterproof, it effectively protects the wound surface from infection.
- Hydrofilm plus. The patch has an absorbent pad for wounds. Protects the wound from water, infection while taking a shower.
- Hydrofilm. It is often used for shallow damages of the dermis( dry wounds, postoperative cuts).This plaster is semipermeable, transparent.
- Plaster in the roll. It is used for fixing various bandages, strong catheter attachment.
Composition of Cosmopor
The dressing is made of a soft nonwoven material. It has a special pillow that does not stick to the wound, has an absorbent property. The plaster is fastened to the pillow by means of synthetic rubber glue, endowed with a hypoallergenic property.
Cosmopor is a multi-layer dressing, which consists of the following layers:
- A soft non-woven base that is appreciated for not sticking to the wound surface.
- The second layer performs a drainage function. It is represented by the cushion mentioned by us, endowed with a coating of microscopic polyethylene mesh. This mesh, when touched to the wound, does not adhere to it. The grid performs a protective, absorbent action. According to the data, 1 gr. Sorption pads can hold up to 9 grams.liquid.
- It is a thin paper pad that has been treated with silicone. This layer distributes the wound fluid( blood, sugars).
A rubber glue is used to fix the dressing, in which rosin is not present.
Kosmopor E Steril / Cosmopor E Steril
The cost of the Kosmopor plaster is set taking into account the size, the number of patches in the package. The price is in the range of 82 - 1390 rubles. The cost of a bandage varies from 9 to 50 rubles.