Inflammatory ear diseases severely impair the quality of life and can cause hearing impairment. To cope with this problem is often helped by physiotherapy. One of the most effective methods is considered to be blowing. This procedure can significantly improve the prognosis of the disease.
The blowing of the auditory tube is the introduction of air under pressure into the hearing organ. The procedure can be performed for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes. It is also performed in the treatment of otitis complications or after tympanoplasty.
The value of the procedure
Blowing the ears is required to normalize the functions of the Eustachian tube, reduce the symptoms of congestion and reduce discomfort. In complex pathologies, the procedure can be performed only under the supervision of an otolaryngologist. However, in most cases it is allowed to do it yourself.
With various diseases of the organ of hearing in the inner ear there is a risk of fluid accumulation. In this situation, the following manifestations occur:
- sensation of fullness;
- pain syndrome;
- appearance of extraneous sounds;
- total or partial hearing impairment;
- problems with coordination of movements;
With the help of the blowdown procedure, it is possible to cope with a decrease in the patency of the auditory canal.
Due to this, this method is actively used in such situations:
- hearing impairment due to otitis media;
- accumulation of exudate in the ears;
- deformation of the membrane;
- complications of rhinitis;
- sharp pressure drops on the membrane.
At what diseases are
The reasons for the appearance of discomfortable sensations in the ears can be quite a lot. Blowing is performed with such pathologies:
- otitis media;
- pathology of the middle ear;
- infectious diseases;
- fluctuations in pressure;
- sulfur fuses.
These factors often provoke a violation of the patency of the Eustachian tube. Restore it and helps blowing.
Today there are quite a few effective ways to perform purging. To choose the optimal one, it is worth to consult a specialist.
According to the Politician of
This procedure is performed in a hospital environment. To do this, use a rubber cylinder, whose capacity is 300-500 ml. It is connected to a tube, ending with an olive. It is in turn placed in each nostril, after which the nose is tightly clamped. These manipulations allow the olive to be fixed securely.
Then the patient takes a sip of water and says special words - for example, "ku-ku" or "steamship".This provides a lift of the soft palate. At this moment, gently squeeze the balloon.
The procedure is controlled based on the patient's feelings. The doctor can also use the otoscope for this purpose. In the case of a successful session, the doctor and patient feel a slight noise. After it, the stuffiness disappears.
See in our video how to blow through the Politzer:
This simple method is most often used for blowing. To do this, a person must perform a strong breath, then pinch his nostrils and try to exhale through the nose. Its duration should not be more than 2 seconds. Due to this, the pressure in the nasopharynx increases, which entails the release of air through the eustachian tubes.
This procedure also successfully copes with the feeling of stuffiness in the ears. In this case, the pressure is applied when swallowing. At this moment, the pipes open, and when the nose is squeezed, the pressure in their area increases. This method is considered the most natural way to eliminate earplane.
For this, you need to grip your nostrils, get water in your mouth and swallow it. Do this procedure until you completely eliminate the unpleasant sensations.
Back-up method This method is considered to be the simplest analog of blowing the ears on the Politzer. It can easily be used at home. For this, you need to buy a bottle "Otovent".It is a balloon equipped with a nozzle for the nose.
To perform blowing, you need to close the nostril with your finger, and in another tightly insert the nozzle balloon. Then you need to take a strong breath, close your mouth and exhale. In this case, you need to try to blow the ball with your nose. In the end, you should get the size of a fist.
Similar actions must be performed from the second nostril. The effectiveness of the procedure can be judged by a characteristic click.
Methods of blowing the ears
How to conduct at home
The independent implementation of this procedure is fraught with certain consequences. Therefore, before the start of blowing, it is still worthwhile to get an ENT doctor consultation.
What you need to know
Blowing your ears is recommended very carefully. It is not recommended to use excessive air pressure - otherwise there is a risk of rupture of the membrane or membrane of the cochlea.
Similar complications from reviews are most often observed when using the Valsalva method.
Possible consequences of
The most common complications include the following:
- Damage to the membrane and the structure of the middle ear. This result appears when the blow is too active. In addition, barotrauma can be obtained during the procedure during acute inflammation in the ears.
- Development of purulent otitis media. It usually becomes a consequence of a violation of the procedure. This process is a serious danger not only for the hearing organ. The skull bones have a porous structure. Moreover, there are many vessels nearby that can transfer the infection to the brain. As a consequence, there is a risk of developing a dangerous pathology - meningitis. There is also a danger of sepsis - a common infection of blood.
- Severe nasal bleeding. This symptom may be a consequence of high blood pressure.
- Appearance of convulsive syndrome or seizure. Exacerbation of these symptoms is possible in the presence of Parkinson's disease or epilepsy.
- Emphysema of subcutaneous and peripheral tissue. This symptom arises from the penetration of air into tissues. As a consequence, there is a risk of severe swelling of the face.
To avoid negative health effects, it is very important to control your health after the procedure. The cause for concern may be such symptoms:
- discharge from the ears.
How to purge the ears by yourself:
This procedure is forbidden in such cases:
- Acute period of a viral or bacterial disease. In this case, there is a high probability of aggravation of the condition and spread of the infection throughout the body.
- Inflammation of the nasopharynx and upper respiratory tract. In such a situation, there is a risk of spreading the infection throughout the body.
- Mental disorders and neurological pathologies. In this case, the patient himself can cause serious harm to himself. This concerns the independent implementation of the procedure.
Blowing the ears is an effective method that allows you to cope with the feeling of stuffiness in the hearing organ. However, it is important to consider that this procedure can lead to negative consequences. Therefore, it must be performed solely for the purpose of an ENT doctor.