Milk thistle is a weed plant from which people try to get rid of in their garden plots. It is also called a buddy or thistle. But few people think about the fact that this plant has many useful properties. Essential oil is produced from milk thistle, which has a beneficial effect on the human body. It is used both in the complex treatment of many diseases, and as an independent therapeutic agent. Therefore, what is thistle oil, its benefits and harm, and also how to properly take this remedy, should be studied in detail.
How to use thistle oil for liver treatment
How to take milk thistle for liver
Useful properties for milk thistle
Milk thistle oil: use in cooking and cosmetology
How to take milk thistle for losing weight - recipes
Useful properties of milk thistle oil
This medicinalthe remedy is enriched with many useful substances that have a beneficial effect on the human body. The composition of the milk thistle oil includes:
- Flavonoids. They help strengthen the walls of blood vessels, as well as rejuvenate the body. Have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin.
- Fatty acids. Thanks to these components, the metabolic processes are normal for a person, so the milk thistle is actively used for weight loss.
- Chlorophyll. Helps to get rid of such an ailment as anemia. Normalizes the composition of blood, helps to eliminate the unpleasant odor of sweat and mouth.
- Carotenoids. Improve the functioning of internal organs, such as the liver, kidneys, heart. Used as an antihistamine.
- Vitamins of groups A, B, D, E, K. There is a significant improvement in the general condition of the body.
- Silibinin. It inhibits the processes of destruction of the kidneys and liver. It is an excellent prophylaxis for the development of hepatitis.
Also, thistle oil has a laxative effect on the body, so it is actively used for constipation and other disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
Therapeutic and prophylactic properties of
What does thistle oil treat and what is its use for the body? This drug has a wide range of effects on the body, so it is used in such cases:
- With diabetes. This remedy has a beneficial effect on the human body with such a disease. It is recommended to take instead of sugar. In the period of use there is a benefit for the liver, since oil promotes the development of protective substances, the pancreas actively produces insulin, which has a beneficial effect on the course of the disease.
- Use for skin. This oil helps to restore the skin, as well as their rejuvenation, which helps to get rid of wrinkles. In addition, the milk thistle has a bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect on the body. It also promotes faster healing of cuts, abrasions and other damages to the skin. It is recommended that this medicine be used to treat acne and acne during adolescence.
- With cholecystitis. This disease is the development of the inflammatory process in the gallbladder as a result of the presence of stones in this organ. The milk thistle oil has an anti-inflammatory effect, and also improves the functioning of this organ. Specialists also recommend taking it after removal of the gallbladder.
- For strengthening hair. This remedy is required to be added to shampoos and hair balms. This helps not only to strengthen hair bulbs, but also helps to eliminate dandruff and other pathologies of the scalp.
- Benefits for the body. Milk thistle oil is an indispensable means for cleansing the body of toxins and other harmful substances. This is especially true of people whose professional activities are related to chemical production. Also, this medicine has a laxative effect on the body, so you can get rid of constipation, even chronic.
- When losing weight. People who are overweight, can use this tool for weight loss. Since milk thistle improves metabolic processes in the body, and also removes harmful substances.
- Benefits for the liver. Extract of milk thistle is actively used for various diseases and impaired functioning of the hepatic system, including cirrhosis as one of the auxiliary drugs of complex therapy. The medicine removes the inflammatory processes in this organ, and also prevents the appearance of infections.
It's important to remember! Before using thistle oil for the treatment of a particular disease, it is necessary to consult a specialist about the advisability of such an effect! Since the milk thistle has certain side effects and contraindications, which can negatively affect the overall condition of the patient.
Use for children
Is it possible to treat a child with this medication? This oil has a positive effect on the children's body. But there is a restriction in the age - milk thistle can be used only with 12 years. Also, such treatment can harm a child who has a tendency to allergic reactions.
As for the diseases that are allowed to treat the child with thistle oil, they are:
- constipation or diarrhea;
- scratches and other damage to the skin.
It's important to remember! Before using a thistle to treat a child, consult a qualified pediatrician!
Application in cooking
Thanks to its pleasant aroma and taste, the oil of this plant is used not only for therapeutic purposes, but also for cooking various dishes in cooking. In order to preserve all the useful properties of this product, do not expose it to any heat treatment.
Usually it is used as a dressing for various salads, which oil gives a more intense and piquant taste. In addition, the dish becomes more nutritious, which will positively affect the figure. Also, thistle oil is added to the baked pastry.
It's important to remember! Dishes with the addition of this medication are useful not only for adults but also for children!
How to use this medication? The treatment scheme directly depends on the disease that a person is fighting:
- Disturbance of the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, liver and other vital organs. In such situations, oil is required to take 1 tsp.3 times a day before eating. If a pronounced laxative effect is observed, the dosage should be reduced by a factor of 2.The duration of such treatment is 1 month. As a preventive treatment course can be repeated with a break of 1 week.
- Cuts, abrasions, burns and other damage to the skin. To ease the condition, it is required to treat the affected areas with oil 3 times a day.
- Weight Loss. To get rid of excess weight, you need to take 1 tbsp.l.2 times a day before meals.
Also for preventive purposes, take a medicine for 1 tsp.2 times a day before eating.
Use of thistle oil in capsules
These medications can be purchased at each pharmacy. There are several manufacturers of capsules. Milk thistle oil is also produced with selenium. Before using such capsules, you should carefully read the instructions for use, and consult with your doctor. Usually, this medicine should be taken after waking up and before going to bed, always on an empty stomach or 2 hours after eating.
Contraindications to the use of
Despite the harmlessness of this medication, it still has some contraindications to use, namely:
- individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to milk thistle;
- period of exacerbation of chronic diseases;
Milk thistle is also not suitable for long-term use. Periodically, you should take breaks. Also it is required to not forget that use of a thistle should be supervised by the attending physician. He should assess the patient's condition and, if necessary, change the dosage of the drug.