1 What are the causes of the hangover?
Consuming too much alcohol often leads to disturbances in consciousness, understanding, memory and reaction. The next day, there are symptoms of a hangover. Alcohol refers to psychoactive substances that reduce the speed and quality of signaling in the nervous system and slow the brain. Each organism reacts differently to alcohol. This reaction depends on many factors, for example, on sex, body weight, age, state of health.
We recommend that you read
- Why alcohol has a headache
- Why often the head and stomach ache
- Headache and diarrhea
- Contemporary drugs from Pressure!
Why do you want to drink with a hangover? Alcohol is split in the liver to toxic acetaldehyde, which is largely responsible for poor health. In subsequent stages, acetaldehyde is converted to acetic acid due to the presence of an enzyme called "aldehyde dehydrogenase."The consequences of alcohol poisoning are felt and because of the large loss of fluid in the body. During alcohol consumption, secretion of vasopressin( antidiuretic hormone) decreases, which leads to excessive loss of water.
Symptoms of a hangover:
- increased sensitivity to various stimuli: aromatic, sound, lighting;
- decreased mood;
- feeling of shatter;
- attenuation of concentration and general weakness;
- nausea and vomiting;
- decreased appetite;
- hand tremor;
- excessive fatigue;
Hangover symptoms also include mental, motor and somatic disorders, they largely violate daily activities.
2 How to avoid a hangover?
The symptoms of a hangover are burdensome, it is impossible to completely eliminate their occurrence, but they can be alleviated.
To avoid unpleasant hangover symptoms, you should follow the following rules:
- Do not consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Before the planned use of alcohol, you need to take food rich in fats and proteins, so that its absorption will occur slowly. In the diet can include dairy products: they are a source of calcium, which is washed away from the body during drinking alcohol.
- It is necessary to drink a lot of water( especially mineralized water).Alcohol has a diuretic effect, so proper hydration of the body is needed, this will ease the hangover symptoms.
- You should eat foods that are a source of vitamin C, for example, freshly squeezed juices, citrus fruits, red peppers, kiwi. Taking more vitamin C before the planned use of alcohol increases its metabolism in the body.
- During alcohol consumption, it is necessary to observe intervals in the intake of subsequent servings and not to combine several types of alcohol.
Eating and drinking water while consuming alcohol helps to reduce hangover symptoms, since they affect the metabolism of alcohol.
3 Is there a cure for a hangover?
If a hangover hurts your head, you should use a proven medicine for this ailment. Drugs from a hangover help to remove toxins and alcohol from the body.
A hangover remedy is recommended in case of dehydration caused by consumption of too much alcohol, vomiting, physical stress. As a result of alcohol abuse, loss of valuable minerals occurs, therefore, in the treatment of a hangover, it is important to replenish them.
Alcohol leads to loss of glucose, which is the source of energy necessary for many processes. Hypoglycaemia( glucose deficiency) can be manifested by weakening, accelerated pulse, impaired concentration. These symptoms should not be underestimated. A good medicine for a hangover contains glucose, which increases blood sugar, removing unpleasant symptoms. If the headache hangs, you can use painkillers, for example, ibuprofen or acetylsalicylic acid( aspirin).
A simple but effective way to get rid of the Headache! The result will not be long in coming! Our readers have confirmed that they successfully use this method. After carefully studying it we decided to share it with you.
Read more & gt; & gt; & gt;
4 Natural medications
Unpleasant hangover symptoms will help reduce activated carbon in the form of tablets. Its action is to neutralize harmful substances that enter the stomach, so it is often used for poisoning. This is an effective remedy for bloating, stomach upset and diarrhea. It has a strong effect: it absorbs molecules of toxins, gases and bacteria, and then removes them from the body.
How to prevent a hangover? It is useful to take vitamins of group B, which in hospital conditions are given to patients in a state of intoxication. Adoption of these funds before the planned event, as well as the next day, will help to cleanse the body, which will reduce the ailments associated with consuming too much alcoholic beverages. Folic acid and thiamine are most effective. Additives can be taken with magnesium. It is necessary to wash them with plenty of water.
- Dikul: Orthopedists deceive people! Joints are treated simply "Strong joints and back pains are needed 3 times a day. .."Read more & gt; & gt;
The milk thistle has detoxification properties. It is one of the most potent herbs that stimulates the cleansing of the liver of toxins that enter your body along with alcohol. This is possible due to the presence in its composition of the silymarin, which takes part in the neutralization of harmful factors. Often, nausea is the cause of a lack of appetite. From the hangover is perfect for easily assimilated food. Light food fills the stomach, it is a source of energy, which is very important, provides the body with sugars. The source of simple sugars are, for example, yeast bakery products, honey and jam.
Yoghurts, kefirs in combination with sweet fruits, such as bananas, or cocktails based on them, are a good source of glucose and fructose in the diet.
If the patient does not experience nausea or stomach pain with a general weakening of the body, a meal containing a large amount of fat can be introduced into the diet, for example, soft-boiled eggs, toast with cheese, chicken broth, vegetable soups. It is best that they are hot dishes.
6 Home remedies for
What if there is no medicine at hand, and hangover symptoms are already attacking the body? Then you should use proven home methods.
It is recommended to try several ways from a hangover at the same time, which can increase the chances for a faster recovery of well-being.
To get rid of a hangover it is recommended:
- the day after drinking alcohol start with a healthy breakfast;
- juice from sauerkraut, pickled cucumbers contains a large amount of vitamin C and B, potassium;In addition, sauerkraut is a good source of probiotic bacteria;
- tomato juice - along with vitamins C and lycopene, which are powerful antioxidants, tomatoes are a source of potassium;this element is responsible for the proper functioning of the heart, nervous system and muscle tension;
- juice of pickled beets is recommended as an addition to vitamins and help the body in purifying toxins;
- asparagus relieves the symptoms of a hangover, the compounds contained in it have a protective effect on liver cells;
- physical activity, such as walking, helps oxygenate the brain, it will help fight the pressing headache, which is the most common symptom of a hangover;
- useful for the patient's recovery may be a cold shower after waking up.
The home way from a hangover is water with honey. Suitable any sweetened drinks, except for carbonated.
The pronounced hangover symptoms can be expected after consuming cognac, whiskey or sweet wine.
An important principle is the avoidance of mixing different types of alcoholic drinks with each other, since each of them contains( in addition to ethyl alcohol) other additional chemicals.
Mixing different alcohol leads to the fact that you create in your body a mixture of many chemical compounds that enhance the symptoms of a hangover.
There are many ways to deal with a hangover, some can help you, others do not. Because the metabolism of alcohol largely depends on the individual characteristics of the person. Therefore, it is worth trying various methods to find the most effective way to get rid of this disease.