Hydrogen peroxide is a completely colorless liquid with antiseptic properties. When colds are often recommended rinse with this remedy sore throat. Will this drug help in the fight against viruses and bacteria? How to dilute the solution correctly? The answers to these, as well as other questions, are slightly lower.
Rinse throat with hydrogen peroxide
Very often, patients who are ill receive an inexpensive means for rinsing the throat, which can easily cope with the disease.
Hydrogen peroxide is just such drugs. Cost is inexpensive, can be purchased at any pharmacy, has an effective anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect.
The following properties of the drug help to relieve the course of the disease and speed up the recovery process:
- Decontaminating action. Hydrogen peroxide is capable of destroying a wide range of bacteria, fungi, viruses, provoking various throat diseases, including purulent foci.
- Oxygen feeding. The drug is able to saturate tissue cells with oxygen, which positively affects the condition of the affected mucous membranes. Due to this oxygen supply, an analgesic effect occurs.
- Improvement of blood circulation. Peroxide is able to improve the blood supply to damaged mucous membranes, which contributes to their faster healing.
- Activation of immunity. Such a simple remedy helps the body to activate protective forces, significantly increasing resistance to new infections.
- Purification. The drug, on contact with infected mucous membranes, forms a foam that is able to excrete pus.
Any purulent, inflammatory diseases of the throat, oral cavity can be treated with a solution of hydrogen peroxide. The drug is quite effective at:
- catarrhal angina;
- follicular sore throat;
- of ordinary SARS accompanied by pain in the throat.
Benefits of gargling with hydrogen peroxide in the treatment of throat diseases:
What you need to know?
- Always use only fresh, unexpired medicine purchased at a pharmacy.
- Rinsings require a 3% peroxide solution. It is bred at the rate of 3-4 small spoons for a glass of water.
- Do not change the dosage prescribed by the doctor when preparing the solution. Independence in this case can lead to not very good consequences - burn mucous.
- Rinse with a peroxide throat is recommended depending on the disease about 4-6 times a day.
- The solution is prepared immediately before use. Do it in advance for several applications forward there is no sense, because peroxide, dissolved in water, quickly loses its properties.
- You do not need to take water from the tap to prepare the mortar. Suitable purified bottled water or chilled boiled.
About dosage and proportions of a solution of hydrogen peroxide tells Dr. Neumyvakin:
Before rinsing, the sore throat is required to be prepared. It should be washed with a solution of boric acid, based on one teaspoon per glass of water. After this, you should proceed directly to the treatment itself.
Two rinses are prepared for the rinses: a solution of hydrogen peroxide, a decoction of chamomile. Peroxide is diluted in water( 1 tablespoon per glass), and chamomile in the same proportion heated in a water bath, then cool.
After rinsing the throat with a solution of peroxide, it is washed with a solution of chamomile. This is necessary to wash away the excreted particles of pus, blood and the remnants of peroxide.
Additional throat rinse
Reviews on the effectiveness of
Hydrogen peroxide is a unique substance that practically does not cause side effects. It is forbidden to use this drug for patients who have an individual intolerance. After rinsing, they may appear: cough, runny nose, drowsiness, dryness in the throat.
Treatment of the throat with this drug is quite effective measure, which allows to shorten the term of recovery several times. Even with a sore throat, the remedy is very fast.
Which rinse is useful, see in our video:
Diagnostic value of
procedure Gargling with peroxide is a useful procedure for patients who have mucus on inflamed tonsils. This is indicated by the formation of foam at the time of the procedure. It helps to remove accumulated mucus, pus, in parallel destroying the entire pathogenic microflora.