Cough can be caused by different factors, so the concept of "heart cough" is very controversial. Some luminaries of medicine call into question this term, while others consider it to be an important symptom that helps diagnose cardiac pathologies. Today we will tell you about the relationship between cough and heart, about the symptoms of diseases and cardiac diseases. Also, you will learn what to do if you have a cough in the heart region.
The notion of the
sign Indeed, not all doctors agree on the existence of the concept of "heart cough".But in fact sometimes the symptom indicates numerous irregularities in the work of the heart. To eliminate this cough requires a full-fledged treatment that will eliminate not only the symptom, but also the very root cause.
The following video will describe in more detail about coughing with heart disease and other ailments:
Cough types in heart diseases
Cardiac cough can be divided into several types:
- Short, dry and sharp cough .Can be accompanied by sharp pains on the entire surface of the chest. It is revealed in pericarditis, rheumatism.
- Dry, paroxysmal and combined with respiratory problems .Sometimes it is combined with hemoptysis, subfebrile temperature, weakness and sweating. This type of symptom is observed with stenosis of the mitral valve and with an increase in the chambers of the heart.
- Dry and irritating .Such a cough may indicate that there is a pulmonary congestion, but a large circle of blood circulation has not yet been affected. Sputum has brown patches.
- Loud, debilitating cough that appears in the evenings .It calms down only in a standing or sitting position, capable of appearing throughout the night several times. A person can wake up from suffocation, cough for a long time, but after the attack comes relief. This symptom often indicates left ventricular failure.
- Hemoplegia .Severe signs indicate heart failure, atrial fibrillation, or thromboembolic syndrome.
Now you know that dry cough can occur because of heart problems, let's talk further about the specific symptoms of coughing from the heart.
How to identify it
An experienced physician can determine the danger of coughing in a patient even during his examination. With cardiac problems, it is combined with a number of symptoms:
- sputum production;
- pain in the heart;
- heart palpitations;
- swelling of the cervical veins.
Signs of a cardiac cough appear first after physical exertion. Gradual development of the disease leads to the fact that the slightest physical strain provokes it and other accompanying symptoms.
For prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, our readers advise the drug "NORMALIFE".This is a natural remedy that affects the cause of the disease, completely preventing the risk of getting a heart attack or stroke. NORMALIFE has no contraindications and begins to act within a few hours after its use. The effectiveness and safety of the drug has been repeatedly proven by clinical studies and long-term therapeutic experience.
The opinion of doctors. .. & gt; & gt;
Some confuse heart cough with other diseases affecting the lungs. The main difference between the first is dryness, it is rarely wet. Sputum and blood begin to stand out only with prolonged processes.
Another permanent companion of heart disorders appears in combination with a cough. It's about dyspnea. Harsh intermittent breathing does not allow to exercise and perform daily routine tasks.
On whether there can be a cough for heart disease, the next section will tell.
For a cough and accompanying symptoms with a sick heart, the specialist in the video will tell the following:
What kind of violations may indicate the symptom
Cough develops as a result of lack of oxygen, worsening of the heart, with the development of stagnant phenomena. All this causes the accumulation of not only blood, but also sputum in the lungs. Symptom may indicate a number of disorders in the body:
- heart failure;
- myocardial infarction;
- lesions of the aorta;
- heart attack;
- heart disease;
- heart valve damage( acquired).
About what heart disease and other ailments are manifested in the form of a cough, Elena Malysheva will tell in this video:
How to deal with such a sign
How can I get rid of the symptom or at least mitigate it? The most important stage is the therapy of the underlying disease, otherwise the cough will return constantly, exhausting and tormenting the person. Moreover, the progress of pathology often carries a great danger for the patient. Treatment of the underlying disease is reserved only to the cardiologist.
Usually used a number of medications that promote the normalization of cardiac activity and cough elimination:
- Vasodilators that promote vasodilation( atakand, losartan).
- Antitussives with expectorant and anesthetic action. They use drugs that dilute sputum.
- Diuretics. They reduce puffiness by removing excess fluid. Their use plays a special role, since diuretics can help reduce the excess burden on the heart.
It helps to improve the effectiveness of treatment, normalizing the regime of the day and nutrition. Exclude the influence of stresses, various situations, aggravating the state( hypothermia, overheating).It is necessary to get rid of bad habits.
After the course of medications, heart work will return to normal and the symptom will disappear, but you must remember to maintain blood circulation in tone. This is possible due to the adherence to the rules of healthy lifestyle and constant loads.
On how to overcome the pain in the heart with a cough due to heart trouble, we will tell below.
When hemoptysis any self-treatment is contraindicated! The patient should be monitored in the hospital. To determine the localization of bleeding, a number of diagnostic procedures are performed, bacterial culture of sputum is performed.
With a heart cough of any form, it is better to give up folk remedies if the diagnosis is unknown. Such thoughtless use of prescriptions of traditional medicine can adversely affect the cardiovascular activity. Only after diagnosis is worth consulting with a doctor about the use of methods of alternative medicine.
With cardiac cough, the following herbal preparations are effective:
- Cumin, stems of spores and horsetail, leaves of fucus and nettle mixed for 50 g. Take 2 tbsp.l.stirred collection and brewed in a capacity of 700 ml. Enough to insist it only 15 minutes, and after drinking before eating half the glass.
- All the ingredients are taken for 50 g: lemon balm leaves, coronet broom, hawthorn flowers, yarrow and valerian. In a glass of boiling water add 1 tbsp.l.mixture, and after half an hour they drink. Take the infusion after eating. Prepare it 3 times a day. It is very effective in the use of other medicinal herbs that help strengthen the heart.
- The leaves of the tent, motherwort and bald loaf are mixed. Prepare the broth the same way as in the previous case. Reception mode - 1 tbsp.per day. Separate it into several receptions.
- A glass of fennel seeds and a valerian root are ground, put into a bowl. To them add liquid honey( 2 items).After thorough stirring, 1 liter of boiling water is poured into the mixture. The infusion is kept in a dark place for 2-3 days. Means for 1 tbsp.l.take before meals, and the entire course is 3 months.
- Motherwort, mistletoe, nettle, hawthorn, motherwort, melissa, valerian, dog rose and lovage( 50 g each) are mixed. For 1 cup of liquid take 1 tbsp.l.collection. Insist several hours. Drink a day for 3 glasses of funds.
It should be remembered that folk medicine does not replace medical treatment. It is intended only to improve the results of therapy, but always consult with a specialist about the use of each prescription.