Folk wisdom says - "We are what we eat".Unfortunately, this statement does not speak about the fact that the food a person consumes is subject to correct processing. Even normal food is correctly digested only if the person is completely healthy. Diarrhea occurs when, during digestion, a malfunction occurs.
Do not panic immediately, as non-standard diarrhea can occur after eating fatty fish. Such products contain specific oils that are difficult for the human body to internalize. In order not to disturb the digestion process and not harm the intestines, the fish should be hung upside down so that harmful impurities leave it.
Liquid oily stools also occur after consuming the following products:
- After consuming a large amount of tomatoes, but this is rare;
- Medicines intended for weight loss;
- Oral contraceptives.
Causes of oil diarrhea
Despite the fact that in most cases, such diarrhea occurs after eating certain types of foods, there is a possibility that diarrhea appeared after the disease is affected by the disease. Oily liquid stools can be caused by the following diseases:
- Inflammation of the gallbladder. In addition to diarrhea oil, the patient may experience dull pain in the right hypochondrium, intensifying during a meal or active movement;
- Inflammation of the large intestine;
- Inflammation of the pancreas, triggered by the absorption of smoked foods or alcoholic beverages. At the same time, during emptying, a person experiences pain;
- Hemorrhoids. In some situations, during defecation appears oily diarrhea. If it is internal hemorrhoids, then other symptoms may not be observed;
- Steatorey. With this disease, together with the feces, up to 5 grams of fat per day leaves the body, which gives an oily appearance to diarrhea. This is quite a dangerous disease that can cause a whole bunch of new ailments. If you do not start treatment in time, it will be difficult to restore the body.
What should I do with an oily liquid stool?
Having seen the changes in the stool, many people start to panic because they do not know what to do in these cases. Especially it becomes uncomfortable when you see diarrhea with oil. First of all you need to calm down, and then follow a little instruction:
- If strange secretions appear after the absorption of fatty fish, it is necessary to immediately exclude it from the diet and the symptoms will pass by themselves;
- Sometimes diarrhea oil, appears after taking medications. In this case, it is best to consult your doctor and think about how to replace medications that caused a change in the stool to other drugs;
- May affect digestive dysfunctions with bias in the diet. To normalize the situation from your diet, you need to exclude smoked products and fried foods. After this, you need to visit a gastroenterologist and make an ultrasound. In the absence of pain, Smecta and enzyme preparations, such as Creon or Mezim, can be taken;
- If there is no doubt that oily diarrhea does not appear due to food, but through the fault of a serious ailment, you should undergo a diagnosis so that the doctor can prescribe the right treatment.
In the presence of diseases, it is better not to engage in self-treatment so as not to harm your own health. The only thing that you can try to do yourself is to make up the future menu, excluding all the irritants from it. In this case, the treatment will be faster.