The topic of chair delays, which is rarely discussed aloud even with the closest people, is familiar to everyone. Even in the case when there is no emptying of the intestine for two or three days, an adult begins to feel severe discomfort and soreness in the abdomen, and what to do with weekly constipation? Or at such, which proceeds already within 1-2 months?
This delicate problem can not be ignored in any case, because it not only significantly violates the standard of living, but also reduces the physical activity and performance of the patient, leading him to a depressed state. Only an appeal to the doctor will help to identify the cause that provoked weekly constipation most accurately, and take the necessary measures to eliminate it.
Constipation for a month in an adult, what is the reason?
Many patients are wondering why people do not advise themselves to resort to self-medication for many days, from 3, 4, 5 to 8, 9, 10 - 15 days, but there is a huge assortment of widely advertised laxatives in pharmacies? The thing is that constipation, which lasts 2 to 3 weeks or a few weeks in a row, or for a long time appears regularly after 4-5 days, can be provoked by serious organic causes. Here are just a few of them:
- Calling a stool delay for a whole month can narrow the lumen of the rectum or pressure it from the outside;
- Constipation in an adult, continuing the second month and not stopping even with a complete correction of the diet and increased physical activity, suggests that the digestive organ is healing deep ulcers, which leads to the formation of scars and edema that interfere with the passage of stool;
- Constipation longer than 2 weeks suggests that the intestines have stool stones, which in the near future will create complete obstruction, for the eradication of which may require surgical intervention.
Also, the culprits of constipation, which has not ceased in a few days or a week after the onset, but continues for the second to the third month, are most often foreign bodies that enter the intestine or develop malignant neoplasms. What to do in all these cases? The solution of a problem, surgical or medicamentous, can be offered only by a specialist. Therefore, in the event of even a weekly constipation, you should not seek a solution to the problem yourself, but urgently need to see a doctor.
It does not always happen that a multi-day pathology is caused by serious organic causes. Often the cause of prolonged constipation becomes a lifestyle and nutrition, predisposing to the development of this pathology of digestive organs. Such disorders, arising from functional or nutritional factors, can also last for several days, often 5 or longer.
Constipation for a week, what should I do?
If, after visiting a specialist, it is found that the cause of long-term abnormalities in the digestive organs is not a serious organic pathology, you can try to cope with the problem yourself. The only thing that should not be done if the constipation is more than a week is to run to the nearest pharmacy for potent medicamental laxatives or to cleanse the intestines with enemas. These measures are radical and their application is permissible only in emergency cases. If you start to use them often and uncontrolled, the intestines become lazy in a short time, which leads to an aggravation of the situation with persistent constipation lasting from five days to two weeks. In emergency situations, you can resort to the following recipes, not only recommended by specialists, but also deserved a lot of positive feedback from patients:
- Vegetables and fruits are an excellent laxative effect. They contain a large amount of fiber that strengthens the intestinal motility and promotes the cessation of constipation, which lasts not only the second or third day, but also for a whole week, and often 3, 4 or 5;
- The use of bran with weekly constipation also contributes to the normalization of bowel functions without any harm to health. They can be eaten steamed previously in a water bath or add to the food in an amount of 2-3 spoonfuls;
- In extreme cases, if these drugs do not provide visible help, you can resort to laxative drugs. But before using them, you need to carefully study the annotation in order to avoid the occurrence of side effects. It should also be noted that laxative drugs have different effects on each individual patient, they help someone, and some can cause additional harm. That is why, in the treatment of weekly constipation, one should not blindly trust the recommendations of friends who used some miracle drug and received a magnificent effect.
How to prevent constipation for 2-3 weeks?
This question worries many people who suffer from frequent stool disorders. To avoid drug treatment of this delicate problem, which can cause side effects and cause a worsening of the pathology, several tips should be used that will prevent the occurrence of multi-day constipation lasting in adults sometimes for more than two weeks and reaching often 20 days:
- The first thing that is necessarydo is help digestion. To achieve effective results, it is necessary to include a large number of foods rich in fiber in the diet. They contribute to the improvement of intestinal motility, and do not allow prolonged stagnation in it of stool;
- The second thing that will help prevent the appearance of constipation, lasting from a few days to a whole week, is getting rid of bad habits, which always exacerbate the situation. To do this, you need to reduce consumption of caffeine and alcohol, forget about the habit of eating tightly at night, and also not to suppress the urge to defecate;
- The third prerequisite for preventing the occurrence of weekly constipation is an increase in physical activity. It is the increase in mobility that promotes the activation of peristalsis and the acceleration of the movement of stool masses through the intestine. Due to their rapid transit, waste and slag do not accumulate on the walls of digestive organs, and stool stones do not appear. Usually for a person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, 15-20 minutes of morning exercises are enough.
These recommendations help to prevent the development of the problem, but when performing them, do not forget about some warnings. Firstly, despite the fact that a diet with a high fiber content is useful for the intestine, do not use it in large quantities. This, though, will prevent the occurrence of weekly constipation, but also reduce the absorption of nutrients from food. For the normalization of the digestive tract, 2-3 tablespoons per day are enough. Secondly, strengthening the drinking regime should not be excessive, since too much water leads to hyponatremia( lack of sodium in the blood) and, sometimes, causes death. And, thirdly, with such a method as increasing physical activity to prevent the occurrence of weekly constipation, you should also be cautious. If there are any contraindications to sports, consult a specialist.