1 Medical indications
Otitis can develop as a primary disease( primary) or manifest itself against the background of acute respiratory infection, influenza. In advanced cases, inflammation spreads to the nasal sinuses and brain, causing purulent maxillary sinusitis and meningitis. Timely diagnosis of otitis prevents the development of complications.
Ear drops in otitis are an effective remedy for fighting the inflamed ear in the home. Such drugs have anti-inflammatory and local anesthetic effect.
Treatment of otitis with drops from ear pain is carried out after consultation with a doctor, as for each drug is characterized by certain pharmacological features and mechanism of action. Treatment is based on patient complaints. Symptoms of otitis in adults:
- Pain in the damaged ear - the intensity of the syndrome may be different: from discomfort in the ear to severe pain( stitching, shooting, sharp or dull).
- Increased body temperature in otitise confirms inflammation of the ears. The temperature is low, often subfebrile( 37 - 38 ° C).This condition is easily tolerated by the patient.
- Discharge from the ear of serous or purulent nature accompanied by an unpleasant odor.
- Hearing loss and stuffiness of the patient ear.
- On the background of otitis in adults, symptoms of gastrointestinal tract damage can develop: there is pain in the abdomen, colic, spasms, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, diarrhea. The causes of the manifestation of such symptoms are associated with the general innervation of the middle ear and abdominal organs.
2 Use of
medications In case of severe inflammation, drops, pills or injections with an antibiotic are prescribed. Treatment is carried out in a hospital. The patient is prescribed Anauran. The drug is effective in acute and chronic course of the disease, with inflammation of the middle ear. The drug is instilled in the ear canal with a pipette.
Recommended to read
- How to use Miramistin in otitis treatment
- Acute Otitis, Code of Disease according to ICD-10
- Signs of otitis in the infant
- Contemporary Drugs from Pressure!
Anuran is prescribed for adults and children. Pregnant women use the medicine after consulting a doctor. To the side effects of Anuran, experts refer to peeling of the skin of the ear canal, the appearance of burning and itching.
Normax - ear drops with antibiotic. The drug is prescribed for the treatment of external, purulent and chronic otitis media of the middle ear. To side effects, experts include skin rash, itching, burning and swelling. When developing allergies, it is recommended to consult an ENT doctor urgently.
If the patient is diagnosed with an external and otitis media of complex shape, then a Candybiotic is used. The main components of the drug include the following antibiotics:
- lidocaine hydrochloride.
Contraindicated such drops in otitis in children under 6 years of age, pregnant and breastfeeding women. With mild disease, therapy is carried out at home. The choice of a medicine for otitis is made taking into account the following factors:
- Composition of the preparation( at home, experts advise using monopreparations or anti-inflammatory drugs).
- Presence of current diseases.
3 Complex therapy
Conservative complex treatment of the inflammatory process includes the following drugs:
- antipyretics( Aspirin tablets);
- drops Otypax;
- to remove the swelling of the mucosa, use Nazivin spray;
- constant change of ear tampons with vodka, onion juice and other medicinal substances;
- with the external form of pathology shows the reception of a bactericidal agent( for treating the problem area);
- abundant drink and peace.
You can prepare drops from otitis media at home. For this, aloe, agave, geranium and other medicinal plants are used. Before using such drugs, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
You can prepare drops from a solution of honey, celandine juice, mint tincture, boric alcohol. The course of therapy includes strengthening immunity and taking multivitamin complexes. If the patient's condition worsens, then it is recommended to make an appointment with a doctor.
A simple but effective way to get rid of the Headache! The result will not be long in coming! Our readers have confirmed that they successfully use this method. After carefully studying it we decided to share it with you.
Read more & gt; & gt; & gt;
4 Overview of effective preparations
Drops from otitis( depending on the composition and mechanism of action) are divided into 3 groups:
- Antibacterial drugs( Otofa, Normaks).
- Monopreparations, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs( Otipax, Otinum).
- Combined drugs, which include glucocorticosteroids( Sofraks, Dexon, Anauran).
Antibiotic drugs are recommended to take as directed by a doctor.
Otofa - drops from otitis, which includes the antibiotic rifampicin. This agent fights well with the inflammatory process at any stage of otitis media. The course of treatment lasts 7-10 days. The drug is contraindicated in case of intolerance or allergy to its components. To side effects of the drug Otopha, ENT doctors include itching and skin rash.
Polydex is a combination drug. It consists of 2 antibiotics - neomycin and polymyxin. This remedy is toxic. He is appointed by a doctor with severe otitis media of the middle and outer ear. Polidexes are characterized by various side effects. Drops are contraindicated in pregnancy.
- Dikul: Orthopedists deceive people! Joints are treated simply "Strong joints and back pain pass, you need 3 times a day. .."Read more & gt; & gt;
Monopreparations are effective drops from otitis in children and adults. The action is aimed at reducing pain, reducing body temperature, removing the inflammatory process. Otypax is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, which contains lidocaine. Drops are prescribed to the child and adult for treatment of acute and chronic otitis media, barotraumatic and bullous form of pathology.
The drug is indicated for pregnant, lactating mothers and infants. The course of treatment lasts 7 days. Otinum is a preparation of salicylic acid and its derivatives. Drops relieve inflammation and pain symptoms with different types of otitis media.
From the combined preparations for otitis, Sofradex is shown. Drops are contraindicated in pregnant women who breastfeed women and children. When an overdose develops an allergy( rash, itching, redness of the skin).
Dexona is a combination of dexamethasone and antibiotic neomycin. It is prescribed for purulent lesions of the middle ear, furunculosis. Due to toxic antibiotic drops are contraindicated in pregnant women and children. If the ears have wounds or abscesses, then it is recommended to seek advice from an ENT doctor.
5 How to use the tool
Drops from otitis for children and adults, unlike other forms of release of drugs, have the following advantages:
- affordable price;
- simple use;
- convenient dosage;
- acts locally, in the inflammatory focus;
- rapid impact of the effect.
Before using ear drops against otitis, it is recommended that the following rules be observed:
- solution for instillation of ears should be warm( enhances the effect of the drug, easily tolerated by the patient);
- patient must be laid on the opposite side of the sick ear;
- before instillation the ear canal is recommended to be pulled back and up;
- after the procedure it is necessary to lie down for 5-7 minutes, closing the entrance to the auditory passage with cotton wool.
The above mentioned means can be used for disease prevention. To prevent the development of inflammation in the ears, it is not recommended in winter to go out without a hat. After water procedures, it is necessary to wipe the ears carefully, preventing a prolonged occurrence of fluid in the auditory canals.
For the prevention of otitis recommended the use of drops in short courses( not more than 5-7 days), to lead a healthy lifestyle, to carry out tempering the body.