The red throat is one of the most famous signs of a disease in medicine, which is periodically encountered by both the adult and the child. In the overwhelming majority reddening of the back wall of the throat is associated with a cold, but sometimes as a cause may act another ailment, more dangerous.
Red throat - physiology, what happens in the body
Redness itself is called in medicine hyperemia. When you get on the mucous stimulus manifests inflammation. In order to eliminate it, immunity improves local blood circulation, which, together with high permeability of blood vessels, causes a phenomenon that can be characterized, as visual examination, as a reddening of the throat.
Inflammation and it makes it sensitive, so swallowing saliva or food is accompanied by pain syndrome, perspiration, runny nose, wet or dry cough.
On the photo red throat for different diseases
For the appearance of inflammation and redness of the throat, the effect of the provoking factor and a decrease in the activity of immunity is necessary. It is important that the weakening of the immune system can both cause and effect.
For example, when eating a large portion of ice cream, the local immunity of the larynx decreases, so bacteria that enter the body from the outside or from the internal source of infection begin to multiply rapidly. Also, with the initial decrease in overall immunity, for example, after a previous illness, the risk of developing inflammation increases manifold.
In order to quickly eliminate an unpleasant symptom, you need to recognize it correctly.
Causes of redness of the throat in children:
Angina is the inflammation of the mucous larynx and tonsils in the acute stage, accompanied by fever and severe sore throat.
Antibodies produced by the immune system for the destruction of bacteria can attack the tissues of the heart muscle, kidneys or joints, and autoimmune processes to date are incurable.
Symptoms of viral and bacterial angina
Pharyngitis is a chronic sore throat that lasts from several weeks to several months. When the disease passes into the acute stage, and this happens with a high probability of exposure to any provoking factor, the pharyngitis turns into a sore throat.
As with tonsillitis, pharyngitis is a risky development of autoimmune processes and other complications.
Types of pharyngitis
In the process of an allergic reaction, the upper part of the respiratory system is almost always involved, so the red throat is a frequent satellite of allergy.
It is possible to diagnose the diagnosis precisely on the basis of which part of the throat is localized inflammation. If it affects the upper part of the laryngeal wall, allergic pharyngopathy is diagnosed as a type of rash or hyperemia.
When discomfort extends to the lower part of the throat, causing severe sore throat, hoarseness, swollen throat and tonsils, difficulty swallowing, allergic laryngitis is detected. It is also possible to isolate tracheitis of allergic origin, in which reddening of the mucous throat can also occur.
What to do about sore throat, says Dr. Komarovsky:
Other causes of
Other factors may become inflammatory agents.
- Overvoltage of the vocal cords as a result of loud talking, shouting, singing. Along with redness, there may be a tickling in the throat, and less often pain in swallowing.
- Poor environmental conditions for life or work, when a person constantly inhales dirty air. Inflammation and redness in this case are symptoms of mucosal irritation.
- Any inflammation of the nasopharynx - laryngitis, sinusitis, sinusitis, can cause chronic inflammation of the mucosa. In this case, the person will be accompanied by persistent signs of a cold: sneezing, runny nose, hoarseness, swelling in the throat. An attempt to treat illnesses separately from each other is ineffective: the infection migrates to the upper part of the respiratory system, causing the person to constantly experience the same symptoms.
- In rare cases, reddening of the throat can occur due to pathologies of the digestive system. With increased acidity of the stomach acid and reflux, the acid enters the esophagus, causing irritation of its mucosa. With prolonged course of the disease, irritation can spread to the throat.
All diseases, the symptom of which is the redness of the throat, require fundamentally different treatments. Therefore, it is very important to consult a doctor in a timely manner and get a diagnosis so that the treatment is purposeful and effective.
- A clinical blood test is necessary for studying the leukocyte formula. If eosinophils are increased, there is reason to suspect the presence of allergies. The rate of erythrocyte sedimentation and the concentration of leukocytes are also considered as the main markers of inflammation in the body.
- A throat swab is the most accurate analysis to determine the cause of hyperemia of the throat. It is produced on an empty stomach by a sterile cotton swab, which is placed in a special tube and sent to a laboratory where the sowing and sensitivity of the detected microorganisms to antibiotics are performed.
- Visual examination of the larynx by a doctor makes it possible to determine whether inflammation is associated with infection, allergy or irritation of the mucosa. Therefore, the therapist should be contacted immediately after the appearance of discomfort. Timely treatment will allow not only to get rid of redness in the throat faster, but also to reduce the risk of complications many times.
How to properly examine the throat of a child or a baby, see in our video:
Recipes and tools that can help
After determining the cause of the ailment, the doctor prescribes the drugs that eliminate it, as well as the means for symptomatic treatment.
In cases of bacterial infection, which is the predominant frequency of cases of reddening of the laryngeal mucosa, antibiotics should be used. After sowing on sensitivity, the doctor prescribes the drug, the regimens for its administration and the duration of the course. You can not finish treatment immediately after the symptoms disappear: in this case, the infection may not be destroyed to the end, and resistance to a specific antibiotic will develop.
If the symptom refers to diseases of other body systems( digestive, immune), the patient is referred to a specialist of the appropriate profile.
Use of traditional medicine is allowed only after consulting a doctor. For example, in the bacterial nature of the infection, rinses and inhalations based on herbs are absolutely useless. But with irritation of the mucosa by inhaling cold air or smoke, such remedies can help alleviate or completely eliminate discomfort.
Than to rinse the red throat, the recipes in our video:
Than the symptom of
is dangerous The danger of a symptom is based is the possibility that it indicates the presence of a chronic source of infection in the body. Such a source disrupts the functioning of the immune system, or weakens it, as a result of which a person becomes susceptible to any infection, or, on the contrary, provoking the development of an autoimmune disease.
But, nevertheless, even a slight redness in the throat, which appears after getting into the body of an allergenic substance, is theoretically capable of leading to similar consequences.
Prevention and Forecast
Reduce the risk of a collision with a symptom such as redness in the throat, possibly by strengthening the immune system by hardening. It is also useful to avoid sources of infection: large concentrations of people during an epidemic, contact with an infected person.
Prognosis of treatment is usually favorable. But considering the fact how much discomfort can cause pathologies, the symptom of which is reddening of the throat, it is better to make maximum efforts to avoid these diseases, or in time to detect them with the help of a timely call to the doctor.