Erysipelas arises from streptococci, which causes infection by penetrating through micro-trauma on the skin. The presence of erysipelas is manifested in the redness, swelling, glossy area of the skin, sometimes accompanied by high fever and nausea. Treatment of this disease at home is permissible after consultation with a doctor.
Which doctor treats neurodermatitis?
Treat shingles quickly and easily at home
Methods how to remove ingrown nail
Treatment for warts on the finger
Causes of the wart on the neck: treatment and removal
Mildew on the leg - symptoms of the disease
Streptococcus infection can occur up to ten days before the onset of the first symptoms of the disease. At first, there is a general malaise:
- weakness, loss of strength;
- muscle pain;
- lack of appetite, nausea;
- indigestion - vomiting, diarrhea;
- elevated body temperature.
No later than 24 hours after the first symptoms, the following appear: the skin on the affected area turns red, it becomes painful. There is swelling and burning, sensations of tension, tension of the skin. The remaining symptoms of erysipelas on the leg depend on the form of the disease. It can be the appearance of erythrema with fuzzy edges, peeling or peeling off the top layer of the skin, the appearance of bubbles filled with a clear or bloody fluid.
Treatment at home
Such an unpleasant and painful disease, as an erysipelas, can be treated at home. To do this, use medicines, folk remedies, various ointments.
erysipelas are a serious infectious disease caused by streptococcus. This inflammation of the skin is rapidly progressing and spreading. Therefore, the most effective treatment is medication, namely antibiotic therapy, which is administered intramuscularly. In particularly severe and neglected forms, the drugs are administered intravenously.
For the treatment of erysipelatous inflammation on the foot, the following are mainly used:
The desired antibiotic is administered after the study and the results of the analysis. The minimum course of treatment is a week. In severe cases - 14 days or more. The most effective is a comprehensive treatment, when along with antibiotics are taken immunostimulating, anti-inflammatory drugs. Welcome reception of vitamins. Well proven in the treatment of erysipelas physiotherapy - electrophoresis and ultraviolet irradiation.
Treatment of erysipelas with ointment is effective with topical therapy, when it is necessary to destroy the external foci of bacteria and reduce the pain syndrome that occurs in the face. In this situation, enteroseptol or erythromycin ointment is used. With the bullous form of erysipelas, the surgeon cuts the formed blisters and squeezes out their contents. After this, a bandage moistened in a solution of furacilin or rivanol is applied to the damaged areas of the skin.
In erythematous hemorrhagic form of erysipelas, application of liniment of dibunol is recommended twice a day. An ointment prepared at home is also used. Chamomile and yarrow juice is mixed with butter in a ratio of 1: 4.This ointment is applied to the infected areas three times a day, this is the most effective ointment in face.
Streptocide for the treatment of erysipelas on the foot is used in the form of powder, tablets, ointment and liniment. The effectiveness of this drug is due to its antimicrobial properties in relation to streptococci. When administered orally, appoint 0.5-1 grams 4-5 times a day. When vomiting occurs, the drug is administered as a solution intravenously or intramuscularly.
Streptocid ointment is also used in case of a 10% face and 5% liniment. In this case, the ointment, with a face on the foot, is applied directly to the affected area or to the gauze bandage, which is applied to the erysipelas. In addition, the effective powder directly on the wound powder streptotsida, pre-sterilized.
In the absence of complications, you can apply Vishnevsky ointment with a face. Its effectiveness is explained by the substances present in its composition, which contribute to an increase in exudation and the formation and rupture of blisters. Balsam Vishnevsky against erysipelas is applied to the gauze bandage, which is wound around the damaged skin on the leg. The bandage is changed after twelve hours. However, with more severe forms of erysipelas, ointment is not advised to be used. It promotes vasodilation and can aggravate the situation.
Treatment with a beaver jet
A beaver jet possesses bactericidal, healing properties, increases immunity. Therefore, it is effective in erysipelas on the foot. Beaver jet is recommended to be taken in powder form. To make it, a dried jet of tinder on a grater is then pounded in a mortar to a powdery state. Use once a day in an amount corresponding to the size of the match head. The course of treatment is two months, with a break for a month.
How to get rid of erysipelas on your leg quickly and at home? People's means will help in this.
Known and effective means of traditional medicine in the treatment of erysipelas on the leg is chalk. For the procedure, the chalk must be ground to a powdery state. Then sprinkle the affected areas of skin and wrap them with a red cloth. On top is a towel. The compress is done at night. To the powder, you can add chopped chamomile flowers and sage leaves in equal proportions.
Treatment with herbs
Prepare home ointments against erysipelas, this will require the following mixtures:
- mix dry chamomile leaves with leaves of mother-and-stepmother in equal proportions;
- add a little honey and apply the mixture to the affected area of the skin, leaving for half an hour.
Yarrow has long been famous for its great list of possibilities so that the ancient Greeks have laid down a legend about it. In the elimination of infection, this folk remedy from erysipelas on the leg is quite capable of helping:
- take a little grass in dried form and mix with butter;
- is applied to the affected area several times a day, without washing off for half an hour-hour.
Much of the usefulness of a burdock leaf, which is used for a variety of purposes:
- smash fresh, just ripped sheet and mix with thick sour cream;
- apply several times a day until the redness subsides.
Important! Instead of shop sour cream, it is preferable to choose more natural.
Everyone knows about the properties of plantain. In the treatment of such an unpleasant infection as erysipelas, it is also quite effective:
- , rip off several young leaves of plantain, finely chop and mix with honey in the same ratio;
- boil the mixture over low heat, cover tightly and let it brew for several hours;
- just as well, apply to the reddened place for a few minutes.
Salvia, possessing extensive positive properties and lots of vitamins, can also come in handy:
- chop the dry leaves to form a powder and add the same amount of chalk;
- sprinkle on a sore spot, tie a bandage on top and leave for a couple of hours;
Important! Change the bandage with this composition at least four times a day.
Ruta has a strong analgesic effect, the prescription is recommended in case of unpleasant sensations:
- rastolkite conventional medicinal rutu in the same proportion as melted butter;
- Lubricate the affected part of the skin a couple of times a day.
The following recipe is a decoction with an extremely effective, antiseptic effect:
- take in equal amounts the flowers of dandelion, nettle, calendula, horsetail, oak bark, turn flowers and blackberries;
- having mixed everything, boil for about ten minutes on a small fire, in the amount of water, larger by two or three times than the number of herbs;
- this broth, flush the affected area several times a day. Propolis ointment will also help in treatment.
Treatment with bark and roots of herbs
If possible, purchase bark cherry or lilac bark for the preparation of this compress:
- as much as possible crush the bark of oak or lilac;
- add a little bit of heated water, then lay out the composition on gauze, build a compress;
- keep it at the affected site for half an hour - an hour.
The following recipe comes from Tajikistan, whose inhabitants have been using it for several hundred years:
- get the roots of the soap, crush it to powder;
- adding a little hot water stir;
- apply to the leg site three to four times a day.
Raspberries are not only delicious, but also useful plants:
- tear off a few apical branches of raspberry along with the leaves on them;
- pour boiling water and let it brew for several hours;
- wash the infected skin area.
In case the turn grows near to you, this recipe will help to win the disease:
- collect the top layer of the bark, chop it into one teaspoon, and boil for 15 minutes;
- ready-mixed broth slightly dilute with water.
Important! Do not apply undiluted remedy to the skin, since it has a fairly strong concentration, and you risk only aggravating the skin condition.
Mother-and-stepmother can be taken at the same time as a compress, and as a decoction inside, which guarantees more efficient and quick elimination of infection:
- crush dry leaves into powder and apply in a pure form to the necessary skin area;
- broth cook from a teaspoon of dried leaves and a glass of boiling water;
- take the broth three times a day, one teaspoonful.
Potatoes, in addition to cooking, can serve well in the home treatment of erysipelas:
- potatoes on a fine grater until the juice is extracted from it;
- impregnate in it a gauze bandage folded in several layers;
- , change three to four times a day.
In the presence of bird cherry bark, the following recipe is in no way inferior to the previous ones:
- grind the bird cherry bark to a powdery state;
- dilute with warm water and, applying a compress, apply several times a day until complete recovery.
Honey, a wide list of medicinal actions that can not be repeated probably no product, in treating this infection works no weaker:
- a tablespoon of honey mixed with two tablespoons of flour and ground elderly leaves;
- apply, changing bandages once per hour.
Important! Before treatment, make sure that there is no allergy to honey.
Celery will cope well with the inside, since erysipelas attack both the body and the epidermis simultaneously:
- one celery root, preferably weighing about a kilogram, rinse well and dry well;
- pass it through the meat grinder;
- for a stronger effect, add to the resulting mixture three spoons of golden bob leaves and one spoonful of honey;
- stir the resulting mass and leave in the refrigerator for two weeks;
- take one tablespoon at least three times a day before meals.
When treating ailments at home, remember that the effectiveness of the healing effect depends on an accurate diagnosis.