1 Characteristics of the pathology of
Cavernous angioma, or cavernous type of disease, is a vascular formation in the form of cavities filled with blood and blood vessels. Such formations can be of various sizes from a few millimeters to centimeters.
Recommended to read
- Hepatic encephalopathy in liver cirrhosis
- Symptoms of diabetic angiopathy
- Signs of perinatal encephalopathy in children
- Contemporary drugs from Pressure!
Cavity localization occurs in any part of the brain. But most often their development can be seen in the structures of the cerebral hemispheres. Pathology is dangerous because at any time there may be a rupture of such formation, which leads to bleeding. This can be observed in 5-24 percent of cases.
2 Reasons for the formation of
Cavernous angioma is mostly congenital, but sporadic formations can also occur. They are benign tumors that have a spongy structure. In addition, they are quite flexible and soft, which can be felt during pressing them.
Cerebrovascular angioma of the brain as such has no specific reasons. According to recent studies, it was confirmed that the development of education can be the concomitant pathology of organs with a sufficiently high degree of oncogeneity, or a disease such as cirrhosis of the liver.
The development of angioma can be more affected by children.
3 Symptoms of the disease
There are many cases of cavernous angioma without any symptoms. Or they have a place to be, but are similar in their properties to any neurological disease. The signs of pathology are manifested and depend on the place of localization of the lesion. More common symptoms include the following symptoms:
- headache is on the rise, no drugs on it in this case do not work;
- tinnitus and noise appear in the ears;
- nausea accompanied by vomiting;
- there is a violation of the organs of hearing and vision;
- attention is blunted;
- epileptic seizures;
- paralysis of the extremities.
As the statistics show, a large percentage of the pathology proceeds without accompanying symptoms, which complicates the medical actions after detection of the disease.
4 Classification of cavernous angioma
As already mentioned, the manifestation of symptoms largely depends on where the education is located and what dimensions it has. The disease begins to manifest itself when the bundle of blood vessels presses on the tissues surrounding it, and the nerve endings in certain areas of the brain.
Cavernous angioma is divided into several forms:
- Frontal lobe cavernoma. Accompanied by a deterioration in memory, a change in handwriting, there may be uncontrolled spontaneous movements.
- Left temporal lobe. Hearing and speech are broken. Memory is reduced.
- Right temporal. The belonging of sounds ceases to be determined, just like voices - a friend can turn out to be completely alien.
- Dark. Characteristic features are intellectual disorders. Logic and the ability to think are lost.
- Angioma of the cerebellum. In some cases, can occur with severe symptoms - uncertain gait, strange position of the head and body, speech function is disrupted, cramps and contractures are possible.
- Thrombotic. It is formed as a result of an infectious disease. Symptoms include fever, weakness, fever.
5 Possible complications of
Severity of adverse effects is characterized by tumor localization, its size and degree of development. With late detection of pathology, as well as with dystrophic changes, some dangerous complications are possible:
- vascular rupture;
- increased angiomas;
- disorders in the cerebral circulation;
- lethal outcome.
But there are many cases where patients live with a life-long pathology and do not even know about its presence. The disease is so unpredictable that it is difficult to predict its further development.
Therefore, neurosurgeons are recommended to the patient to be monitored. This is necessary in order to timely notice the progression of processes and prevent the development of complications.
A simple but effective way to get rid of Headaches! The result will not be long in coming! Our readers have confirmed that they successfully use this method. After carefully studying it we decided to share it with you.
Read more & gt; & gt; & gt;
MRI is the most accurate method of diagnosis. It is this kind of investigation that gives an accuracy of 100%.The special effectiveness of diagnostics in this way is to define a cavity of small dimensions.
Another, no less effective method, tractography. Its use is useful in diagnosing and planning tactics in the case when surgical intervention is necessary. An angiographic study yields minimal results. Can only be used to differentiate the aneurysm and cavity.
Computed tomography is inferior to MRI.It is used mainly to establish cerebral hemorrhage.
7 Methods of treatment
Interventions are considered the most effective way of treating pathology. There is no one unique remedy that could help to eliminate the disease.
The definition of proper treatment is more complicated by the fact that cavernous angioma often occurs without identifying the characteristic symptoms for it. Nevertheless, even a benign tumor does not guarantee that in the future there will be no serious complications. Only a timely operation can completely eliminate the problem, thereby eliminating the possibility of dangerous consequences.
- Dikul: Orthopedists deceive people! Joints are treated simply "Strong joints and back pains are needed 3 times a day. .."Read more & gt; & gt;
Operative treatment is recommended by specialists in the following cases:
- angioma sizes represent a hazard;
- is a neoplasm, the localization of which occurs in active brain zones;
- in the presence of superficial cavernous angiomas accompanied by hemorrhages or seizures.
- However, the physician must inform the patient of the likely risks and possible course of the disease.
Operative therapy includes several methods:
- classical surgery, in which neoplasms are removed;as a result, the pressure of the vascular bundle on the tissue is reduced, which leads to the elimination of unpleasant symptoms and a reduction in the risk of rupture;it is contraindicated for elderly people and for numerous formations;
- Radiosurgery - removal of a tumor occurs with the help of a special device - a gamma knife cyber;the method consists in the fact that the beam beam is exposed to angioma under a certain foreshortening;The procedure is safe, but less effective.
Therapy with folk remedies is only possible to alleviate the symptoms of pathology. Do not rely on the fact that the herbs are able to eliminate the disease in full. But, even deciding to apply folk recipes, you must first consult with a specialist.
8 Prophylaxis and prognosis of
In the presence of cavernous angioma of congenital form, preventive measures are impossible, as long as it is impossible to change the genetics of a person and on this background to change all violations.
By recommending some preventive measures, doctors are mindful of the possibility of preventing various complications of the disease.
That it is necessary to do in such cases:
- Constantly to supervise a blood pressure.
- Eliminate bad habits.
- Properly eat.
- Control the cholesterol level.
- Regularly take an assay for glucose in the blood.
- Avoid stress.
- Observe the anti-cholesterol diet.
In the case when the disease is detected in time, even before the vascular rupture, and besides this operation was carried out also on time, the forecast at this confluence will be quite favorable.
The most important thing is to listen to your body. If you find even the smallest signs of brain damage, you should immediately go to a medical facility. Timeliness is the main factor in a favorable prognosis of pathology.