1 Distinctive features of migraine
The main distinguishing feature of migraine is a throbbing very severe pain, sometimes with vomiting. In addition to these symptoms, migraine is characterized by the following manifestations:
- Paroxysmal nature of pain. Usually, the attack lasts at least 4 hours, but not more than 3 days. This is when it comes to adults. In children, the maximum duration of an attack can be several hours.
- A person can not lead a normal life, he has a sharp decline in efficiency.
- Migraine headache is one-sided, pulsating.
- There is an acute intolerance to noise, loud conversations, music.
Plus, a migraine sufferer periodically experiences a decline in vitality, which drastically reduces the quality of life not only during, but even between, seizures. Often, in especially severe cases, before the attack of migraine, there is an appearance before the eyes of white spots, flies, zigzag lines. There may be a temporary numbness in half of the face or body. Pain can strongly give in one of the eyes, with a weakening of vision. This phenomenon is called aura symptoms. Usually, after stopping the attack, they pass. Most suffer from those patients who have migraines accompanied by vomiting. Women often face such manifestations.
The presence of two or more of the above symptoms in a person indicates that there is not an ordinary headache, but her Majesty's Migraine.
2 Three types of migraine
A different combination of frequency of seizures and symptoms determines the type of migraine. There are three of them in medicine:
- Migraine episodic without aura. Such a diagnosis is made when a patient has attacks more than 15 times a month and there is no symptomatic aura.
- Migraine episodic with aura. All the same, only with different aura symptoms.
- Chronic migraine. The most unpleasant type. When attacks are observed more than 15 times a month and are obtrusive. Here there can be a painful nausea, weakness in the whole body, tides.
Recommended to read
- Vomiting and headache
- What to do: often nauseous, dizzy and weak
- How to be treated if there is nausea, vomiting and a headache
- Contemporary drugs from Pressure!
Practice shows that often migraine episodic without proper treatment turns into a chronic type. He can be treated much harder. Therefore, it is extremely important to begin the fight against migraine from its very first manifestations. There is also an episodic migraine in mild form, when the seizures do not exceed 5 times a month.
3 Reasons for
Scientists claim that migraine is hereditary. That is, if in the family grandmother, grandfather, mother, fallen or even more distant relatives suffered from migraine, its symptoms may well manifest in children at a certain stage of life. In this case, a complex of sensations, which include weakness, drowsiness, nausea, headache, should become a warning signal that migraines are possible.
Biochemical studies have shown that migraine in the body disrupts the metabolism of three substances: serotonin, histamine and catecholamines. The other three substances contribute to the development of the disease: heparin, bradykinin peptide and prostaglandins. Some scientists are inclined to think that the cause of migraine is congenital malfunctioning of the hypothalamus, responsible for body temperature, metabolic processes and harmonious interaction of the endocrine and nervous systems.
However, migraine is not a sentence, even if there is a bad heredity in this sense. It is just necessary to observe several simple rules of a healthy lifestyle and, if possible, avoid a number of products that provoke seizures.
So, it is recommended to avoid excessive use of the following products( and it is best to refuse them altogether):
- all alcoholic beverages, including beer;
- smoked meat, fish and sausages;
- fatty and melted cheeses;
- chocolate and candy;
A simple but effective way to get rid of the Headache! The result will not be long in coming! Our readers have confirmed that they successfully use this method. After carefully studying it we decided to share it with you.
Read more & gt; & gt; & gt;
Provoke a migraine attack can chronic fatigue, stress, atmospheric pressure changes, viral diseases, overheating or overcooling, menstruation, menopause. There is also such a thing as "a migraine of a day off", when painful headaches do not appear due to lack of sleep, but because of excess sleep and rest.
4 Symptoms of
Disease is easier to prevent than to treat. This rule of health, despite the hefty shabby phrase, no one has canceled. In view of this, the alarm should be beaten at the first hints of the disease. These include both specific manifestations, and often quite ordinary sensations:
- Headache, which began to appear regularly. For example, after a trip in public transport or after a long walk.
- Periodically arising causeless lethargy in both actions and thoughts.
- There is fatigue in the morning or after rest.
- Headache ceased to pass after usual painkillers.
- At the end of the working day or week, vision decreases and white or black flies appear before your eyes.
- Dikul: Orthopedists deceive people! Joints are treated simply "Strong joints and back pains pass, you need 3 times a day. .."Read more & gt; & gt;
All these points may indicate that, perhaps, very soon migraine will manifest itself in all its glory. But it is at this stage, when the illness is just knocking on the door, you have to start fighting with it, and in this case the forecast is extremely positive.
5 Methods of treatment
Even in the presence of many symptoms, the diagnosis of migraine can be made only by a neurologist. He, having carefully studied the clinical picture, hereditary factors, having carried out the necessary studies, including MRI and / or computerized tomography of the brain, can prescribe a treatment regimen.
In the light case of the disease, the well-known non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and the complex agents to which they are included will help relieve the pain syndrome.
In severe attacks with unbearable pains, the main task is to alleviate human suffering. To do this, there is a whole complex of painkillers, which are well proven in practice precisely in the treatment of migraine.
Today, medicine has stepped far ahead, and cope even with chronic migraine has every chance.
In especially severe cases, the doctor will prescribe drugs to stop vomiting and allow the person to recover. Then the doctor along with the patient should develop an individual treatment regimen to overcome fatigue and apathy.