All parents without exception are very concerned about the situation when unexpectedly a small child has red diarrhea. The causes of this pathology are usually very serious. Most often, the red color of the liquid stool is caused by the appearance of blood in it. In children, this phenomenon is especially dangerous, since it can indicate the presence of a large number of diseases. Also, with prolonged stomach upset and constant withdrawal of watery stools, dehydration of the organism takes place, and microelements and salts necessary for its vital activity are washed out.
Often a loose stool of unusual and frightening red color is a consequence of disruption of the digestive tract. In general, the following prerequisites can be distinguished, which provoke the appearance of bloody veins in the stool:
- During pregnancy, the mother suffered from an infectious disease of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Various birth injuries;
- Stressful situations, suffered by the child at an early age;
- The reaction to food also provokes the appearance of pink diarrhea. In this case, fecal masses acquire abnormal shades because of the high content of food components of this color in them;
- Accepting various kinds of drugs like antibiotics, reactions to which will not only have a liquid stool of frightening shades, but nausea with a general malaise;
- Too frequent viral infections occurring in the digestive tract, also cause diarrhea, which has a red tint. For a baby, the source of infection is usually an adult who suffers from a similar ailment;
- Weak immunity to crumbs is also often the reason for the red streaks appearing in the feces of the baby. They in this case arise as a consequence of dysbiosis.
Unfortunately, it is almost always difficult to recognize the cause of this type of diarrhea, which is not of great danger, especially when it comes to diagnosing a child. This is due to the fact that the appearance of pink diarrhea can indicate a wide range of ailments. A thorough examination with a specialist is necessary.
Red-colored diarrhea in a child may appear during intestinal infection. It equally affects the human body, whether it is an adult or an infant. The red liquid stool that has arisen for this reason is often accompanied by other signs, such as weakness, fever, chills, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. For possible extraintestinal symptoms usually take a general malaise, and tearfulness. In this case, treatment should be carried out only in the hospital, usually in the infectious department, until the red diarrhea ceases.
Diarrhea of pink color in childhood is also a sign of microcracks on the gastrointestinal mucosa. The red color of the liquid stool in the baby appears in this case as a result of passage through the intestines of feces having a very firm consistency. To prevent such symptoms, it is enough to revise the diet by including more vegetables and fruits containing vegetable fiber. As preventive measures in this case, experts are appointed light laxatives, which help to normalize the activity of the intestine. You can not run cracks on the anal mucosa, because their presence can lead to more serious consequences, and each defecation will be accompanied by pain.
Red diarrhea in an adult
In the older age group, the red shades of a loose stool may be a sign that certain foods( beet, tomato and juice) were consumed, as well as the appearance of anal microcracks, or the development of a dangerous pathology in the digestive tract, causing internal bleeding. But in any case, red diarrhea in an adult, as well as a child, requires expert advice, since it can be triggered by very dangerous factors, among which the following options are possible:
- Diarrhea with red blood veins indicates that in the anus area from the straight lineguts are bleeding. The most common causes are anal fissures or hemorrhoids, but development in the last part of the intestine of a malignant tumor is not ruled out;
- With dark red shades of diarrhea, such feces indicate that the patient may have inflammatory and vascular diseases of the digestive tract, diverticulitis, polyps or cancer.
Everyone should understand that red diarrhea is not only an indisputable sign of a malfunction in the digestive organs, but must also be considered a signal for immediate medical attention. Frequent defecation leads to instant dehydration of the body, which triggers irreversible processes. They are accompanied by strong pain, increased fever, nausea, dry skin, cramps and general weakness.