Many patients after cholecystectomy complain of digestion disorders: increased gas generation, bloating, in 20 cases out of 100, there is bloody diarrhea( loose stool) after removal of the gallbladder. Most often all these unpleasant manifestations pass after surgery, but there are cases when diarrhea after cholecystectomy lasts for years. It also happens that the removal of gallstones leads to the appearance of chronic constipation. Why is this all happening?
Answers to questions give a description of the functions of the organ described. The gallbladder is a container in which bile is accumulated. She from time to time comes through the ducts into the duodenum and participates in digestion processes. If there is a violation of diet, with frequent use of a dry-nurse, in the presence of long hungry pauses, the bile begins to stagnate, resulting in an inflammatory process that becomes the culprit of stone formation.
In the advanced stages such a process leads to an operation that involves the removal of bile. Often, patients developed severe diarrhea after cholecystectomy. Signs of diarrhea after the organ was removed, arose due to non-compliance with diet during the rehabilitation period. To bile did not accumulate in the ducts, the patient should eat often and gradually, 5-6 times a day in small portions. Without bile, fat and spicy food can not be digested, it is the violation of the regime and dietary rules that leads to a strong diarrhea after removal of the gallbladder and a stinking liquid stool appears.
How to prevent diarrhea after gallbladder removal?
All those who developed diarrhea after gallstones removal, doctors recommend to heed the following recommendations:
- Strong liquid stool, if you remove the gallbladder, causes dehydration, so patients with diarrhea should drink plenty of water. To restore the electrolyte balance with diarrhea, when the described organ is removed, special salt solutions that are sold in the pharmacy help. They are prepared with the help of Regridron powder. In the case where there is no opportunity to purchase a medicine, a solution that helps to prevent dehydration from diarrhea, you can prepare yourself. To do this, in a liter of water, dissolve a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of sugar. Drink in small sips after every urge to defecate. For adults, a single dose is calculated by the formula of 20 ml per kilogram of body.
- If gallbladder removal is performed and for this reason severe diarrhea has begun, it is necessary to constantly take medications to prevent dysbacteriosis.
- When the removal of the gallbladder leads to the appearance of diarrhea, it is useful to take light absorbents, such as Smecta.
- Very often, cholera diarrhea after cholecystectomy leads to a sharp decrease in the efficiency of all functions of the body, therefore, intensive vitamin therapy is carried out during the recovery period.
- In order to prevent a loose stool after removal of the gallbladder, it is important to follow a strict diet, it helps to prevent the occurrence of disastrous consequences. It is important to learn the list of products that will now be completely banned, and try never to violate the principles of therapeutic nutrition.
In case there was a bloody diarrhea after the operation, it is necessary to immediately appear to specialists.