Diarrhea is not a disease, it's just a symptom. Liquid diarrhea can appear in people for various reasons. Often disturbed stools accompanied by spasms, pain in the abdomen and fever. As for an adult, a very thin stool will not do him much harm, there will be discomfort.
You should not wait and wait until the increased emptying will not pass by yourself. First of all, it is necessary to establish the cause that caused this bad symptom. In the next step, it is best to try to take all possible measures to eliminate very fluid diarrhea.
In most cases, profuse diarrhea appears without any preliminary symptoms. The exact cause of the change in the stool is difficult to determine. Doctors have to sow on the nutrient medium, and also make microscopy of the feces.
Experts recommend to divide diarrhea into two types:
- Watery diarrhea. Most often, changes in the consistency of stool occur after the organism has been damaged by bacteria or enter the intestines with toxins;
- Bloody diarrhea can be caused after use of antibiotics and antimicrobials.
Regardless of the type of liquid stool, the patient must restore the water-salt balance in the body. Dehydration should be avoided so that complications do not arise. After each emptying, you need to take special drugs that restore energy and electrolyte balance, and drink more water.
Causes of the appearance of liquid diarrhea
Most people consider bowel deflation in the amount of one or two times a day. The average daily weight of feces is 200 grams, while it contains about 65% of water. When there is a very thin stool in an adult, the daily amount of feces exceeds 250 grams, while the water content increases to 97%.
A change in stool in an adult can occur with bowel disease and other organs. Most often, the ailment disrupts the secretory and motor function of the intestine. To the liquid stool that occurs when bowel disease can be attributed:
- Infectious profuse diarrhea. Changing the stool causes dysentery or salmonellosis. Also, infectious agents can be viruses and fungi;
- Frequent bowel movements can also occur with intestinal tumors. In general, the tumor is located in the large intestine;
- If there is a lack or excess of digestive enzymes, very liquid diarrhea can occur;
- The psychological state can also affect the appearance of frequent defecation;
- Toxic liquid diarrhea occurs after poisoning with salts of heavy metals or poisonous fungi.
Profuse diarrhea occurs in each patient in its own way, but there are several groups that can have serious consequences:
- Children under the age of 5;
- Elderly persons over 60 years of age;
- Abusing alcohol, suffering from systemic blood diseases;
- People with AIDS.
Recovery after profuse diarrhea
After a very fluid diarrhea, the patient needs to recover as soon as possible. First of all, all experts recommend replenishing the body with liquid to avoid dehydration.
To make the intestines easier to digest food and liquid, small throats should be taken. If the body does not strain, the recovery process will be much faster.
As soon as you have an appetite, it is recommended to eat a banana or a mush of oats. There are times when you do not want to eat for a long time. Do not force yourself to do this, but you need to drink, even if you do not want to.
Drugs should be taken only if a strong liquid diarrhea persists for more than 2 days.