When abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting occur simultaneously, these symptoms can indicate both normal poisoning and the development of a serious infectious disease, so it is so important to pay attention to all manifestations of poor health: the intensity of pain, the duration of vomiting, the amountdefecation for diarrhea, color of stool, its consistence or structure. It is these signs that can give a clue that allows you to make an accurate diagnosis.
Ignore abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting. They can provoke a strong dehydration of the body - a dangerous condition for both an adult and a child. That is why it makes sense to get acquainted with all possible reasons for the formation of such a malaise.
So, stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea can point to:
- Poisoning. Food poisoning is due to the use of low-quality products. Any malaise occurs immediately after cleansing the stomach and intestines. When poisoning is vomiting, it can suggest what caused this condition. So, for example, if vomiting occurs an hour after eating, if diarrhea is stinking and the sensations in the abdomen are similar to colic, then you can suspect bacterial poisoning. With viral poisoning, the head also hurts, the patient is worried by severe fever and chills, diarrhea appears only on the second day. Chemical poisoning is accompanied by heavy salivation, abdominal pain appears half an hour after taking the provocateur, vomiting and diarrhea are very strong. Treatment is chosen depending on the cause of the poisoning, but in any case, the patient will necessarily be rinsed with the stomach and intestines. Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum. In this case, the indicated signs appear in half an hour after eating another portion of food, the symptoms will increase if acidic or sharp foods were used in cooking.
- If the abdominal pain is sharp, cramping, if diarrhea occurs with large interruptions, and vomiting brings obvious relief, it is most likely that the bowel disease manifests itself.
- When the symptoms are localized in the right side of the abdomen, and when pressed intensify, there are suspicions of appendicitis. With appendicitis, vomiting can be one-time, and diarrhea is an infrequent phenomenon, it appears only with inflammation of the rectum.
What should I do if I have abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhea? Ignore the symptoms is not necessary, so you need to call a doctor at home. And while he is on his way, the pain relievers will help ease the condition, and a hot-water bottle with ice laid on the bottom of the stomach.
Sometimes, pain in the stomach, vomiting and diarrhea can be accompanied by high fever. This combination indicates the presence of intestinal infection( rotavirus, norovirus, enterovirus, intestinal flu).Getting into the intestines, pathogenic organisms provoke the formation of a severe headache, aches, weakness of the body. What can be done in such situation, how to eliminate abdominal pain, stop vomiting and diarrhea, reduce heat:
- It is necessary to provide the patient with complete peace.
- Get him to drink more water( if vomiting and diarrhea are strong, you need to salivate with saline solutions, which can be prepared with Regidron's powder).
- Do not give food until the arrival of a doctor.
- If there is no vomiting, but only nausea, it is allowed to give activated charcoal or Smecta.
In dysentery, too, there are severe pains in the abdomen, they are cramped in character, the temperature rises sharply to 40 degrees, it is the high temperature that can cause one-time vomiting. Dysentery causes unceasing diarrhea, it becomes the cause of general malaise, tachycardia, pallor of the skin. It is impossible to treat such a disease independently, the treatment is carried out in the infectious disease department of the hospital with strict adherence to the doctor's recommendations.
As you can see, the described symptoms can be signs of different diseases, so it is so important in time to seek help from specialists able to identify the cause of the ailment and prescribe an adequate treatment.