When diarrhea lasts six months or more, the chronic form develops. Ignore it is impossible. And all because diarrhea, which lasts for a year, helps reduce immunity. Often, prolonged diarrhea is a symptom of a hidden life-threatening disease. Therefore, doctors recommend all those who have a loose stool for more than two weeks, immediately seek help from specialists.
To tell unequivocally, why the person half or more year excruciates diarrhea, it is impossible. In adults and children, the reasons for its appearance differ. In order to facilitate the diagnosis process, physicians share the infectious and non-infectious form of chronic diarrhea.
Provoking infectious diarrhea may:
In some cases, the causes of diarrhea for more than a year, generally can not be determined. This happens when human health is undermined by chronic infections. They cause Brainerd's diarrhea, it is commonly called "traveler's diarrhea".
Factors that cause diarrhea for more than a year
If diarrhea persists for a year or longer, and laboratory tests have shown that there is no infectious cause of the disease, it makes sense to suspect the following factors that trigger a pathology:
- Pancreatitis and cystic fibrosis of the pancreas, lack of enzymes of the organ described.
- Inflammation of the intestinal mucosa.
- Prolonged use of antibiotics or laxatives.
- Excessive consumption of foods that contain soy protein, sorbitol, cow's milk, fructose and artificial substitutes for vegetable fats.
- Syndrome of high activity of the thyroid gland.
- Radiation therapy, which affects the abdominal cavity.
- Tumors of various etiologies.
- Reducing the flow of blood flow to the intestine.
- Diseases of the immune system.
- Some hereditary diseases associated with the gastrointestinal tract.
In addition, sometimes a loose stool can torment an ordinary person for six months or longer, due to the development of irritable bowel syndrome and alcohol abuse. Liquid chair in an adult can be for six months or more, if the patient does not take any action, a dangerous situation can arise. Long protracted diarrhea provokes a disturbance of metabolic processes and gives impetus to the onset of exhaustion of the body. Understand what to do, if half a year of diarrhea, you can only after making an accurate diagnosis.