The human body is in constant close contact with millions of harmful bacteria. Strong immunity recognizes these microorganisms and successfully neutralizes their effects, so infectious agents, long time on the human body, may not manifest their presence.
Passive carriers of staphylococcus are 25-45% of the population according to statistics. If you get into a weak or fragile body, these bacteria can cause strong focal infections, disrupt the work of organs and cause various diseases.
Staphylococcus aureus in the ears of
Staphylococcus aureus is an extremely dangerous species of bacteria capable of staining in the laboratory with a characteristic golden color.
The accumulation of such microorganisms resembles grape clusters, which have a high density in the focal zones.
The main places of frequent infection are skin areas and mucous membranes.
People of any age and sex can undergo infection of the auricles. Pathogens quickly adapt to the habitat and the effects of drugs, which greatly complicates the treatment.
Staphylococcus aureus bacteria cause:
- Purulent lesion of the hearing aid.
- Damage to the skin of the auricles.
- Destruction of sebaceous plugs of hair bulbs.
- Decay of blood cells( when bacteria enter the tissues).
- Increased blood coagulability.
- Toxic shock.
The disease begins to progress on the basis of weak immunity, spreading it occurs in several ways:
- Airborne( near the source of infection);
- Food( dairy, meat products);
- Household( dust, poor hygiene);
- Through the blood( injections, untreated wounds, postoperative period).
The following factors increase the probability of infection:
- Viral infections. Deficiency of vitamins.
For the same reason, the risk to the health of newborn babies in maternity homes is high, where there were cases of infection with staphylococcus. This risk is aggravated by the fact that the immunity of the infant is weak and can not independently resist the infection.
Patients with pathologies of the immune system and drug-dependent patients are at risk.
What is Staphylococcus aureus, see in our video:
Timely detection of the symptoms of the disease positively affects its further treatment:
- Purulent discharge from the ear.
- Education of crusts.
- Pain in the ears, especially with pressure. Edema and redness.
- Hearing loss.
- Itching, tinnitus.
- Temperature rise.
In the photo, the symptoms of Staphylococcus aureus in the ears
If there is a suspicion of infection of the auricles with golden staphylococcus, the doctor prescribes the following examinations:
- Blood, pus, urine tests;
- Sucking breast milk from a nursing woman;
- Expanded( detailed) immunogram.
Bacteriographic analysis of
Crops from the material taken for analysis are incubated for 24 hours. Blood is checked for hemolysis( destruction of erythrocytes with release of hemoglobin into the environment).
Determine the type of staphylococcus, establish the source of hospital infection.
In chronic disease, the antitoxin titer( the concentration of antibodies that neutralize toxins) in the blood serum of patients is determined.
- With external otitis, drops and ointments containing neomycin, polymyxin, corticosteroids are prescribed. For treatment it is recommended to lay in the ears cotton balls soaked in a solution of these preparations. For anesthesia, quartz, anesthetics and dry heat are used.
- With average otitis, general therapy is prescribed. This is a course of antibiotics, antipyretic and anesthetics. In some cases, a puncture of the tympanic membrane can be performed. This procedure is aimed at releasing the ear cavities from the accumulated fluid.
Medication can be combined with the use of folk remedies:
- Apricot and currant smoothie is effective for the removal of inflammatory processes.
- Juice from crushed parsley and celery roots. It is taken in the morning on an empty stomach. Cranberries with honey in the ratio 2/1.It is consumed in the morning before meals in a month.
- Bath with a strip.(Effective for treating children).
- Garlic infusion. After serving for two hours, garlic water is applied on a napkin to the damaged area.
- Herbal collection( mother-and-stepmother, yarrow, St. John's wort, nettle, plantain, sweet clover, horsetail, calendula, chamomile).A glass of this collection should be filled with water and boiled. Lotion from the broth is superimposed on the damaged areas 4 times a day.
How it is easiest to cure Staphylococcus aureus:
How to avoid relapse
When Staphylococcus aureus becomes a permanent part of the microflora, repeated manifestations of the disease can occur. Treatment is directed to focal zones, avoiding the passive carrier of bacteria is quite difficult.
- Perform all physician's prescriptions.
- Protect yourself from contact with infected patients.
- Maintain the hygiene of the auricles.
- To direct forces to strengthen immunity.
- In time to consult a dermatologist for manifestation of repeated symptoms.
Possible complications of
Untimely diagnosis, incorrectly chosen treatment and malfunctions in the immune system can lead to complications, provoke the development of diseases of the hearing aid and other organs:
- Impairment of hearing or complete loss of hearing.
- Meningitis( inflammation of the brain).
- Mastoiditis( inflammation of the process of the temporal bone).
- Osteomyelitis( purulent process of bone and soft tissues).
- Staphylococcal sepsis( spread of microbes to other organs and tissues).
- Pneumonia( inflammatory process in the lungs).
With a minor lesion, modern therapies can effectively fight infection and avoid complications in the future.
In more severe stages and a strong weakening of immunity, the treatment threatens to drag on for an indefinite period of time, and the disease can take a chronic form.
- Maintaining hygiene.
- Treatment of wounds with antiseptic preparations.
- Timely treatment of caries.
- Eating fortified foods.
- Regular ventilation and sanitary treatment of premises.
- Refusal of services of questionable beauty salons and clinics.
On the prevention of Staphylococcus aureus, see in our video:
The main preventive actions are directed to maintaining healthy immunity.