Often, the diagnosis of mastopathy plagues many women into horror, however, a similar pathology, especially when detected in the early stages, is quite amenable to therapy.
There are several varieties of a similar disease, one of which is a mixed diffuse cystic fibrous form.
In general, the course of the mastopathic process is conditioned by the individual characteristics of the female body, in accordance with which the necessary therapy is prescribed.
What is diffuse fibrocystic mastopathy?
Diffuse fibrocystic mastopathy of the mammary glands involves a pathological proliferation of tissues with the formation of not only fibrous tissues, but also cystic seals, for the elimination of which may require immediate assistance.
This type of mastopathy refers to benign oncological processes occurring in 35-68% of women of reproductive age.
This form of the disease often acts as a background on which malignant pathological processes develop. The likelihood of malignancy of diffuse fibrocystic mastopathic disease is determined by the severity of the processes of tissue proliferation.
It can not be stated categorically what exactly causes fibrocystic diffuse mastopathy.
However, it is known for certain that such a disease is inextricably linked with the imbalance of the hormonal background, because the development of the breast depends on the level of ovarian, adrenal, pituitary and hypothalamic hormones.
For the breasts of this form, the presence of estrogen deficiency is typical, as well as the deficiency of progesterone hormone. But prolactin in fibro-cystic diffuse mastopathy, on the contrary, increases.
Many factors influence the hormonal background:
- Too early onset of puberty;
- Absence in anamnesis of pregnancies with natural childbirth;
- Age after 35;
- Later onset of the menopausal period( at the age of 55);
- Short lactation or a woman completely refused from natural feeding;
- Presence of pernicious habits;
- Presence of blood relatives with pathologies of breast-fat tissues, in other words, hereditary predisposition;
- Endocrine pathologies in the background of deep stress;
- Inflammation in the breast tissue;
- Iodine deficiency;
- Breast trauma, uncomfortable or tight underwear, squeezing and causing discomfort;
- Gynecological pathologies of hormonal-dependent nature such as infertility, endometriosis, cycle failure or myoma, anovulation, etc.;
- Thyroid and hepatic pathology;
- Pituitary or hypothalamic tumorous formations;
- Abuse of hormonal contraceptives and other steroid drugs;
- Lack of regularity in sexual life, lack of orgasms, dissatisfaction with sex life - all this provokes low-tensity stagnation, which leads to malfunctions in the ovaries and imbalance of the hormonal background.
Fibrous-cystic diffuse mastopathy in terms of predictions is classified as non-proliferative and proliferative.
For the first type of diffuse mastopathy, a favorable prognosis is characteristic, because in this case malignancy of the pathology occurs no more often than in 1% of cases. In the proliferative form there is a pronounced growth of tissues, so the predictions are less favorable and in a third of patients the mastopathy degenerates into cancer.
In addition, diffuse mastopathy is subdivided into species according to the morphology of the formations:
- The interstitial component predominates;
- Predominantly glandular tissue;
- With predominance of cystic components.
Symptoms ofUntil recently, the mastopathic cystic fibrosis diffuse form was considered to be an absolutely benign pathological process that did not cause malignancy, however, recent studies have shown that such a mastopathic form should be considered as a precancerous lesion of breast-fat tissues.
In other words, fibrocystic diffuse mastopathy in women under the influence of certain circumstances can be transformed into a tumor of a malignant nature.
In general, such a mastopathic form refers to pathological conditions of benign nature, and it provokes cancer only in certain clinical cases. That is why even after treatment of a similar pathology with a prophylactic goal, a woman needs to be systematically monitored by a mammologist.
The main signs of fibrocystic diffuse mastopathy are:
- Painful symptoms. They may appear unexpectedly or when probed. Pain can manifest itself in the form of minor discomfort or a sharp pain syndrome. Often, painful symptoms are accompanied by a feeling of constriction, puffiness or chest pain and can irradiate to the armpit or shoulder area;
- From the nipple against the backdrop of the mastopathic process, a secretion similar to colostrum or having a greenish-yellowish tinge can begin to appear. Sometimes the secret acquires a brown shade, similar to blood - a dangerous manifestation, requiring immediate intervention;
- A palpated examination of the mammary glands reveals clear seals.
Diagnosis of mammary glands
It is possible to detect the presence of such a disease by self-examination, probing the mammary gland.
In addition, ultrasound is used, which usually confirms the presence of pathology.
Mammography, which is based on X-ray examination, is also highly informative.
For the specification of the form of mastopathy, CT, MRI, biopsy with the histology of the extracted biomaterial can additionally be prescribed. A laboratory blood test for hormonal composition is also conducted.
Principles of treatment of
The basis of therapy is the elimination of hormonal imbalance. The choice of prescription drugs depends on the characteristics of the hormonal background. In accordance with the results of analyzes on the level of estradiol, progesterone, estrogen, prolactin, the doctor makes a conclusion about the choice of specific drugs that correct the hormonal background.
Cystic formations in breast-fat tissues are often treated with a puncture method. First, the contents are pumped out of them, then sclerosing solutions are injected into them, however, this therapy is appropriate only for mastopathy, which does not show signs of malignancy.
In particularly severe cases, surgical intervention is required to perform sectoral removal of formations. In the future, the removed tissue is necessarily sent for histology. An enucleation of the cyst( exudation) can also be performed.
Medication involves the administration of several groups of medications:
- Hormonal drugs;
- Estrogenic inhibitors;
- Contraceptives for oral administration.
If a woman is disturbed by intense pain, then funds that stop pain symptoms are additionally prescribed.
Significantly increases the likelihood of predictions timely access to specialists with the slightest suspicion of developing mastopathy.
With the neglect of the pathological process, the likelihood of malignant fibrocystic lesions in the chest is high. At the initial stages of mastopathy, treatment can be limited to a minor correction of life, diet and the prescription of certain drugs.
Therefore, it is better to conduct preventive self-examination on a regular basis and, if suspicious seals are detected, visit a specialist, rather than run a mastopathy and bring it to breast cancer.
As prophylactic techniques, experts recommend regular self-examination procedure. It is better to do this in the days after the end of menstruation.
It is extremely important to give up harmful habits, abortions, improper food and sedentary life. Do not limit sexual relations, sexual activity should be regular.
Only when a woman is satisfied with her life, relationships and social aspects, then she will manage to avoid many health problems, including mastopathy.
Video about self-examination of mammary glands: