The main cause of diarrhea, both in an adult and in a child, is the abuse of certain products that can cause diarrhea, as well as eating disorders. The most frequent reason for the appearance of a loose stool is the abuse of vegetables and fruits that contain a large amount of fiber. In this case, to identify which of them are capable of provoking an intestinal disorder in a particular person can only be an exception method, since each has its own tolerance.
Such an unpleasant symptom as diarrhea associated with eating certain foods was manifested at least once in the life of each person. It is often caused by too much volume of consumed food or accelerated absorption. This situation is especially dangerous in a state of stress or in the case when a person drinks down a large quantity of alcohol. Also, the direct relationship of diarrhea, which is caused by a disorder of the stomach, is determined not only by the amount eaten, but also by the time of the day when this happened and the individual characteristics of the person.
If a person often suffers diarrhea caused by food, an experienced gastroenterologist will help to answer the question of which of them provoked a loose stool. Only he is able to adequately assess the current state of the patient and decide on the appointment of an appropriate diet that helps alleviate the work of the digestive organs. In any case, with a beginning disorder of the stomach, especially if it occurs with a small patient, any foods are introduced into the diet very carefully and only on the advice of a specialist. What products cause diarrhea?
As some foods have a negative effect on the digestive tract and cause diarrhea, you should find out in detail what food can contribute to the development of a stomach upset in a person:
- The most common development of diarrhea is provoked by fiber, not only in vegetables and fruits, but also inwhole-grain products. All this is recommended to use in limited quantities to avoid possible upset stomach. It is also worthwhile to refrain from excessive consumption of citrus fruits, which contain very high amounts of fiber and therefore very often cause increased gas production, bloating and diarrhea.
- Among the various products that cause liquid stools, experts often call fatty and fried foods. In this case, the whole point is that a large amount of fat is not able to be properly processed by the digestive system and therefore in the intestine motor speed is accelerated and because of this there is an upset stomach. Also, to cause diarrhea are capable of such dishes, which are combined with fatty sauces or cream based on butter.
- Diarrhea can cause and dairy products. This occurs when a person has an individual intolerance or lactose insufficiency.
- The reason for the development of diarrhea are also sweeteners, especially if their daily intake exceeds 50 g. They are included in most carbonated drinks, pastries and sweets. All these products are poorly digested and absorbed by the body, which often causes diarrhea;
- Also the most negative way on the work of the digestive system of a person is the excessive use of chocolate and coffee. These foods help relax the muscles of the intestines, which can cause liquid stools, so do not eat them in large quantities or with individual intolerance.
Treatment of diarrhea caused by food
Therapy resulting from eating bowel dysfunction consists mainly of respecting a diet that must be prescribed by a specialist. But before its beginning it is necessary to abstain completely from food within 1 or 2 days. This will provide the necessary digestion for the digestive tract. During fasting, it is recommended that large amounts of hot water be used, in which the necessary salts and trace elements are dissolved. This can compensate for the loss of fluid caused by diarrhea, which is due to the use of certain foods.
Diarrhea in this case is fermented, so in order for it to be treated more effectively, it is necessary to reduce the consumption of foods rich in carbohydrates. In case of diarrhea due to eating foods that induce indigestion of food, it is necessary to completely exclude them from the diet. It should also be remembered that a good astringent effect is provided by strong tea, compotes made from dried pears and herbal decoctions. A very effective remedy is also home serum.