With many diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, severe abdominal pain, loose stools are observed. The patient feels a strong discomfort due to the constantly appearing heartburn and eructation. Often, he develops a swelling in the abdominal cavity and rumbling in the intestines, followed by flatulence, nausea, or vomiting. The temperature may also rise. Many patients are interested in what to do if there is bloating, diarrhea, nausea? What causes this symptomatology?
The most common signs appear in irritable bowel syndrome, which affects a lot of people. With this pathology, not every patient turns to a specialist for help, since he believes that he himself is able to defeat the ailment. But this approach to the disease is completely wrong, because abdominal pain, swelling, diarrhea can also indicate the presence of a more serious illness that can lead to dangerous consequences.
All diseases accompanied by such symptoms occur due to a change in the sensitivity of the intestine. As a result, there are unpleasant symptoms, for example, vomiting, and in some cases even significantly increases the temperature. If you turn to a specialist in time, he will help to quickly cope with the disease, having appointed adequate therapy. At the time of getting rid of diarrhea and other signs you can and at home. But in any case, a doctor's consultation is necessary in order to find the root cause of the disease and forget about diarrhea forever.
Causes of diarrhea and abdominal distention
Patients are always interested in what can provoke diarrhea and bloating, because they often appear. Based on the ongoing research, in the first place except for irritable bowel syndrome are the following diseases:
- Dysbacteriosis. On its background there is a violation of the balance of microflora. As a result, pathogenic microorganisms produce such gases as methane, hydrogen sulphide, ammonia, leading to bloating and increased flatulence. Because of the activity of bacteria that provoke the disease, the peristalsis of the intestine is also accelerated, which causes diarrhea in the patient;
- Because of lactose intolerance, diarrhea with increased gas production also occurs. There are 2 types of such pathology. First, it is congenital and arises from the mutation of the gene. Such pathology appears very rarely, but with it diarrhea and bloating accompany the patient from birth. Secondly, a frequent cause of the emergence of a loose stool after eating dairy products are diseases that result in the destruction of the intestinal mucosa. An example of such an ailment is celiac disease. With this pathology, a person not only has bloating, belching, diarrhea, but also pain in the epigastric region, rumbling in the intestine. The disease requires serious treatment, as a result of which the patient will be able to get rid of unpleasant symptoms and constant diarrhea forever;
- Intestinal obstruction. The removal of gases in this case is difficult due to the development of the tumor or polyps. Bloating, pain, diarrhea is a consequence of this pathology. It flows with a high temperature.
Also, a loose stool with increased gas formation may appear as a result of eating disorders or eating unsuitable foods. In this case, his constant companions will be nausea, turning into vomiting and belching. The use of potent drugs also causes bloating, diarrhea. The above reasons, causing diarrhea, severe gas formation, rumbling, belching, nausea, vomiting, temperature, abdominal pain is not all. There are many more. But those listed are paramount. But the following recommendations are given to the patients' question: "Bloating, diarrhea, what to do?":
- If a patient has a loose stool, then medication therapy helps. It is recommended to take Loperamide, as well as antispasmodics, to relieve the discomfort caused by the accompanying diarrhea symptoms;
- As for increased gas production, Simethicone or Diosmectite are effective;
- The universal remedy that helps with diarrhea is Trimebutine Maleate. With its help, it is possible to normalize the motor function of the digestive tract from the esophagus to the large intestine. In addition, the medicine relieves pain, acting as an antispasmodic. With a liquid stool of any etiology, such a remedy is simply irreplaceable.
All these drugs are allowed to take and children, and adults, even pregnant in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. The same applies to nursing mothers. But it is necessary to consult a specialist beforehand.
Treatment of diarrhea and bloating
About drug therapy discussed above. But this is not the only method of treating diarrhea with swelling. It is necessary to change the lifestyle and diet. In the diet, there should not be products that provoke an exacerbation of diseases causing symptoms such as bloating, loose stools, belching, nausea, vomiting. In order to get rid of rumbling in the abdomen with diarrhea, you should minimize the consumption of foods, due to which increases the formation of gas. This is grapes, cabbage and peas. The same goes for drinks - milk, soda and kvass.
Diarrhea, bloating, fever are very common signs of digestive diseases. Their treatment should be comprehensive. Drug therapy is always performed against a background of a special diet and allowable physical activity. What to do for this? First of all, turn to a specialist and identify the cause that caused negative symptoms. Proceeding from it, the doctor will select the corresponding complex of exercises, give recommendations on adjusting the diet, and also prescribe adequate treatment with medicines, quickly stopping manifestations of diarrhea and bloating.
Adhere to the rules of non-drug therapy, appointed by a specialist, should not only during the exacerbation of digestive diseases. It is best if a person will observe the appropriate diet and increased physical activity for the rest of his life. Only in this case he will forever forget about swelling and diarrhea.